Reaching cruising altitude

AceWhite

Hi fellow NOPE'ers

I've been thinking about how my quit is like being on an airplane.

The first part of the quit is like a takeoff. A whoosh of a new feeling- some excitement even as I embarked on a journey and reached new heights.

Slowly, as i've gained altitude, space between myself and that last smoke, I feel now at almost one moth in i'm hitting the cruising altitude, but with altitude comes pressure.

I've hit some turbulence on my way to this height, but I kept climbing. For awhile, the clouds obscured my vision, and I felt like I could step off at at moment, back into my smoke filled haze, for just a quick moment and be ok, but that surely would've been an unwise move on my part, because instantly i'd fall back down and lose all my altitude. 

For now, i'm keeping my sealtbelt attached, ready for the bumps that may come with the cruise, but i'm prepared for the trip. 

In my lap is my reading material from Quit, in my heart is my desire, and in my soul is my strength. 

Headed off into the horizon where there are no more clouds

• Like 6

I like your analogy AceWhite! Shows you understand where you came from, what's happened to you during your transition and where you're at right now. With that understanding you can't help but end up a winner 👍

• Like 3