Creaky door..

Ugh. I can actually FEEL things inside changing. I say ugh, this is good I know, but it feels so weird. I feel hugely over aware of my insides right now. My lungs are filling up with air so lovely and easily but also feel like they need a jet wash, there's a creaky raspiness there, what feels like a vibrating sensation in my side and a cough starting. Oh and my nose is running. Lovely. 

This broadcast has been brought to you by "Wow you're attractive today" productions. In association with "Gallon of tea and self pity" incorporated. 😬😁🙄😂

• Like 7

You've poisoned your body every day for years and now you haven't for over 2 weeks. Your lungs and all your other airways have decided to start purging that coating of gunk that's been building up on everything. The human body is amazing at healing itself once you stop trying to kill it. Tea is good. Extra water is good at this point too, will help break up mucus. Keep the tissues handy and hack it all up! In with the good (fresh air) out with the bad (all that gunk) :) 

• Like 5

Your body is healing ...this is all good .....some massive changes going on ....

Going for some good fresh air....and take in some real deep breaths ...is also good for the mental health side of quitting....

It's all good ....👍

• Like 3

Really enjoyed the walk - tackled some uphills aswell and that felt good. Have definitely settled into the day now and will probably be less anxious for the rest of it. Day at a time! Even a minute at a time if that's what it takes at points. 💙

• Like 4

Wow CarpeLibrum, good going taking that walk.  Walking and breathing that fresh air is great for your healing body.  I am so impressed how well you are doing.  There were days in my beginning quit I just wanted to climb back in bed and pull the covers over my head.  

giphy (79).gif

• Like 3

Hey carpe, glad to hear your body is already hard at work cleaning up the mess smoking caused. Definitely drink lots of water to help break the gunk up so that its easier to expel like reci said.

You're doing awesome 😊

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Mee said:

Wow CarpeLibrum, good going taking that walk.  Walking and breathing that fresh air is great for your healing body.  I am so impressed how well you are doing.  There were days in my beginning quit I just wanted to climb back in bed and pull the covers over my head.  

giphy (79).gif

I definitely have had more moments like that - so very lethargic and miserable! 😂 I think today I was tired of sitting and analysing my innards and thought right well let's see if a walk kills us then. Obviously it didn't and I was far less breathless on the steep hill than I would have been previously. Tomorrow who knows how motivated or not I will be - but we are all brilliant for doing it aren't we. It's bloody hard 😂🙈 

3 minutes ago, jillar said:

Hey carpe, glad to hear your body is already hard at work cleaning up the mess smoking caused. Definitely drink lots of water to help break the gunk up so that its easier to expel like reci said.

You're doing awesome 😊

Thank you Jillar really appreciate yours and everyones kind words of support. Back at you - bunch of superheroes on this forum. I bet a lot of people wouldn't have got as far without this warmth and advice. 

• Like 3

I don't really see the self pity here, I see someone who is becoming very aware of their body and the changes that are occurring in a positive way.  Taking that walk was a great idea and seemed to change you outlook to positive thinking about what this quit is doing for you.  Strong work there -- great job looking inward and finding a way to get thru this.  Like you said -- a day at time even a minute at a time (it gets really better as go along and get over the humps like this).  Keep Strong!!!!

• Like 2

@Martian5 thank you - I had a tough day with it today. Full of energy until around 1pm when exhaustion like I've not felt since the last time I had flu hit me and I had to sleep. Totally overwhelmed me! I was freezing beforehand too, like a chilled to the bone cold.  This evening it's much better, more relaxed and sleepy than fatigued and ill. I'm so determined. And I know it's worth it. In fact the worse I feel at points the more determined I become not to cave in to this. But yeah, thank you. Your words really mean a lot and I appreciate them!  

• Like 1