Day one

JustJoan

Hello All -- Today is day one. Cold turkey. This is my second time around I smoked for 20 years and quit for 14 now close to 4 years back at it. I know it's possible as I've done it before but hesitant to put myself, my family or my work folks through the anger and irritability. Hoping to get some support here. Any encouragement is appreciated. Thanks JustJoan

• Like 8

Welcome! It sounds like you know the process! Maybe you could work on channeling that "anger and irritability" into something positive. It takes energy to be angry and irritable, energy that could be just as easily used to be nicer to your friends and family. I say that because my wife always says that I am hard to get along with when I'm not smoking. It's hard for me to concentrate on both at the same time, but I try.

Good Luck!

Edited by JH63
  • Like 7

Welcome aboard JustJoan and congrats on quitting! You'll find as much support here as you could need or want so please use us to your advantage. Sorry you lost that great 14 year quit you had but unfortunately it happens. The important thing is that you're ready to quit again.

We have a great group of 2021 quitters to walk beside as well as us old phartes to help you along your journey. We also have tons of educational threads as well as a video forum if that's more your thing.

And if you want to stick close but get your mind off the quit head over to our social forums. Lots of fun and games to be had.

So give a shout out if you need anything, we're glad you're here :) 

• Like 7

Hey Joan! Welcome to Quit Train. This is a great place for support from other quitters who really do "get it" in terms of all the crap you're going through as a quitter. We've all been there - wanting to rip someone a new one over almost nothing and feeling like our head is in a tailspin all day long. The symptoms aren't a pleasure that's for sure but keep in mind, they're only temporary. A solid quit will last a lifetime!

Lots of resources here too that may help you find you way easier. Feel free to come here and unload your anger and frustrations. We'll try and help you along.

• Like 8

Hi and welcome ...

Sorry you smoked after 14 years ...but glad to hear your ready to quit for good ....

We have lots of good information here ,and great videos by Joel ,to get you started ...

Plus our daily NOPE thread.....

Glad your here ..

• Like 5

Welcome to the Quit Train Joan.

You already know the drill: don't put anything in your mouth and light it on fire.

Welcome back to the freedom of being a non-smoker.

• Like 6

Welcome Joan.  Sorry to hear about your relapse but you are doing a great thing by quitting again.  Remember, smoking does nothing positive for you.  Everything that comes with smoking is negative and deadly.

Quitting is gaining freedom.  You can do this!

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 5

Welcome JustJoan! Like you I had quit for many years, and for some dumb reason took that one puff. 

You remember how good it felt to be a non smoker- freedom is at your fingertips

You're taking the right steps- support is here when needed

• Like 5