The funny side..

Here is a list of some of the downright silly things I have done over the last two weeks during withdrawal. 

1) Put my phone in the fridge. No less than three times. 

2) Cried for an hour because my favourite takeaway was closed while my horrified husband tried to console me. 

3) Called my sister, but kept mixing my words up so she refused to talk to me anymore because in her words "You have gone mad" 

4) Had a lollipop permanently stuck in my mouth for the first five days. I don't even like lollipops. 

5) Lay awake until 3am thinking of a way to relocate us all to Greenland because I watched the disaster film of that name, then Googled Greenland itself and read that they have the purest air. 

I could go on. What silly or bizarre things have you guys done during withdrawals? My concentration is improving now - thankfully. Although, it has been pretty hilarious. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I had a punching pillow !!!

I decided to draw a face on it ...I won't say who...

And I took much pleasure ..in sending it flying through the air....

Great way to help with anger moments ....I always ended up laughin...

I loved that pillow 😀🐸

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Welcome to the forum! The oddest thing I remember happening to me was one day during my first week of not smoking.  I felt like I was short of breath and having chest pains. The only thing that could possibly save me was a cigarette! Now that's junkie thinking!  I know my mind will try anything to get what it wants, nicotine.  But that was so ridiculous, I easily threw the thought aside. I wasn't even short of breath or having chest pains.

• Like 5

Yeah I have realised what a sneaky sneaky thing nicotine is - and my brain is at least half on its side! Real "angel and devil" in Tom and Jerry scenario. "Your heart is pounding really fast, if you had a cigarette you would feel normal again" 🙄 Noooo that's not really correct, is it brain? Embarrassing what a liar it is when it wants drugs 😂😂

• Like 4

Yes, addiction is an amazing entity when it comes to trying to end your relationship with it. It's like your brain is divided in two. Logical side and junkie side and there's a very real battle being waged for quit a while. The key is to make sure you delay any actions you take until the logical side has a chance to weigh in.

Angel.gif.da95b67f42f60d080b93a24ac05c7ae9.gif

Small peppermint candies were my constant companion for the whole first year I was quitting and I don't think I had ever had one before then lol. Haven't had one since either. Guess it was just my go to for keeping my mouth occupied.

• Like 5

On 3/1/2021 at 2:49 PM, CarpeLibrum said:

What silly or bizarre things have you guys done during withdrawals? 

During the early days of my quit, the brain fog was thick.

A lot of walking into a room and forgetting why I was there.

One morning I was getting ready for work.  Something felt not quite right.  Just before I put my shoes on, I realized I wasn't wearing any pants.

Now, I almost never forget to wear pants....almost never.

• Haha 3

CarpeLibrum, I love your humor.  The humor here helped keep me hooked on the forum and helped carry me through the tough parts of quitting.   I am sure your humor will help carry you through.  You have a wonderful gift and way of putting your feeling into words.   I am sure your journey is going to be amazing and help inspire others.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mee said:

CarpeLibrum, I love your humor.  The humor here helped keep me hooked on the forum and helped carry me through the tough parts of quitting.   I am sure your humor will help carry you through.  You have a wonderful gift and way of putting your feeling into words.   I am sure your journey is going to be amazing and help inspire others.  

Oh goodness thank you - yeah it's a saviour. I can find the funny in most things it really does help doesn't it. I did tune in to the same colleague saying that her nephew is four months older than her and was suddenly howling saying "wait...what?" Turns out her entire family is some sort of maths puzzle. The more you know eh 😂 Stopped my craving in its tracks. Should thank her really. Was time to go home after that. Nice. 😁😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cbdave said:

G’day 

I did a lot of thinking of the here after.....

Kept finding myself in a room and asking myself what was I here after....

brain fog .....isn’t it grand

Having senior moments before your time is definitely a weird one! I can be a bit scatty at the best of times so now it's just ridiculous 😂 I have heard concentration improves once the brain adjusts, and is better than in the nicotine dependent days so here's looking forward to that part. I might suddenly become a genius. 😂

• Like 2

Enjoy it while you can, Carpe.  Soon enough the brain fog will disappear, the lethargy may stick around a little longer but will also abandon you, sleep improves, etc.  The insane need to eat everything in sight (or not in sight) may outlast other symptoms.  The new boring normal will be a person who thinks clearly, breathes easily and deeply, may go for long walks/ runs/ bike rides without going out of breath and is generally a healthier, more energetic person - how incredibly boring.

• Like 4

On 3/3/2021 at 3:56 AM, CarpeLibrum said:

Having senior moments before your time is definitely a weird one! I can be a bit scatty at the best of times so now it's just ridiculous 😂 I have heard concentration improves once the brain adjusts, and is better than in the nicotine dependent days so here's looking forward to that part. I might suddenly become a genius. 😂

You'll likely become much smarter after the brain fog clears. I know I did and from what I hear, five thirds of people do get smarter 👍

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, reciprocity said:

You'll likely become much smarter after the brain fog clears. I know I did and from what I hear, five thirds of people do get smarter 👍

Oh !!!!.....I'm still waiting ...It's only been 7 years ....😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1