Let's Remind Ourselves !!!!

Doreensfree

Of why we wanted to quit in the first place ...

It stops us getting complacent.....

I Quit after the Doctor gave me a choice to think about ...

Keep smoking ,and in the not so far future ....

You will  probably need to have your two feet amputated...

I Quit ...but still carry some battle scars ......a little reminder to stay quit ..

Why did you want to quit ?????

• Like 6

I was fearful of dying and so ashamed of smoking.

My husband and I had both worked hard supporting our family and I wanted to experience our dreams in retirement together. 

I am now hopeful that I do not experience the consequences of my addiction and can add some wonderful years to my life!

• Like 7

I quit because my asthma had gotten so uncontrollable, turned out it was emphysema made more severe by not getting properly treated and resulting in my being on oxygen. If you have any breathing problems whatsoever take it from me, quit smoking now!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Why did you want to quit ?????

Finally got tired of being a slave to the cigarette.

My every waking hour was dominated by getting my next fix. 

The cigarette was the captain of the ship, I was just along for the ride.

• Like 6

As the quote in my signature states, I just wanted a live better. 

I quit at age 39 which I guess is younger than some of people here but I was suffering from a bad smokers cough, shortness of breath, low self esteem from being a smoker in a culture that was growing increasingly anti-smoking, trying to figure out how to get my next nicotine fix in this anti-smoking society, hating the monetary cost increase of cigarettes, deciding to finally quit smoking and then entering the horrible quit-relapse cycle, etc. etc.

Over time, I grew miserable as a smoker.

The freedom of a better life not fighting the constant struggle of the misery of smoking and all the BS that came with it is what led me to finally quit.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 6

I wanted to quit because I despised smoking, and myself for being a smoker. I quit because I could feel the affects of smoking on my body- coughing, lack of fitness/ shortness of breath- and the aftermath of ash, stink, stains and burn marks on myself and lots of things I own. I quit because while smokers think it's social, it's actually a lonely experience.

Finally I aligned my body, soul and mind and quit for good, and i'll never forget those reasons.

• Like 7

I was tired of hiding my dirty little secret, tired of spending money on something that was killing me, tired of going out into the cold to smoke, tired of a stained fingers, tired of that terrible taste in my mouth, tired of being a slave to my addiction, and the list goes on and on...

• Like 7

I have wanted to quit for the last ten years because as I'm getting older I can feel the damage I've done to myself. God gave me a perfectly healthy body and I have trashed it by smoking all my life. It's my fault, I knew better! I was warned many times!

I have other reasons, but that is the main one.

• Like 5

Why? A horrible Doc visit (after 10+ years of avoiding same). 

Stage II Hypertension (ridiculously high blood pressure (regularly clocked at 170/110 (YIKES!!!))
Pre-Diabetes (ridiculously high blood glucose levels)
Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Syndrome
Hypercholesterolemia (ridiculously high cholesterol levels (triglycerides off the motherfucking charts). 

Quitting smoking was just one of a multi-pronged, life-changing series of events (weight loss (60+ lbs), physical training (became a marathon runner), changed diet (mostly plant-based, healthy diet (used to live on Taco Bell, Doritos, Pepsi, and Pop-Tarts), quit a high-stress job/career, started sleeping (CPAP) ... Quittin smoking (along with the rest) erased all that. It's a decade later and they're still gone.  Almost all disappeared within the first year. The blood pressure took almost 6 years, but it's quite normal now. 

Sarge will enter his 60s with zero meds (other than a Vitamin D defiency (easily correctable with a simple supplement)) and healthier than he was in his 20s and 30s ... and with a bit of luck, no complications from almost 3 decades of suckin' the Death Sticks. 

EZPZ. 

• Like 6