Help!

Plantains....

Get some ripe plantains ( they are yellow and sort of firm, or black and sort of firm when ripe ) they taste similar to a banana.  Remove the peals and slice the centers into 1/2" slices, Roll the slices in unsweetened coconut flakes set on tray or plate. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator. you can eat them just like that, or I have also put a bit of cashew butter on them or a dried cherry. Unlike a banana, these will last covered in your fridge for a few days. They are a nice inexpensive and easy to make snack for that sweat tooth crave and pretty healthy one too.

Next time I make them I am going to try throwing some in the freezer

• Like 3

SOS!!!  I'm craving sushi sooo bad but I cannot give in.

Only diet food for me. :mellow:

:help:   Just eat the sushi.  It's low cal.  Is it not?  I bought a pack from Wegman's last week and the whole thing was under 300 cals.  Life is too short.  Eat the sushi and don't fuss over the difference of a 100 calories.

:help:   Just eat the sushi.  It's low cal.  Is it not?  I bought a pack from Wegman's last week and the whole thing was under 300 cals.  Life is too short.  Eat the sushi and don't fuss over the difference of a 100 calories.

I wish!!  The kind of sushi I like is definitely not low cal.

Cursed Wegmans on the east coast, they really can make my job tough.

I wish!!  The kind of sushi I like is definitely not low cal.

Cursed Wegmans on the east coast, they really can make my job tough.

What kind of freaking sushi are you eating?  How many calories?  Where are you getting your information from?

My newest love is like a shrimp, jalapeno cream cheese thing.

Called 'hotel California' (I get it sans avo)

No friggin cucumber rolls here.

First, the cream cheese is where you're getting most of the fat calories from.  Second, how much of it do you eat?  I asked you how many calories.

SOS!!!  I'm craving sushi sooo bad but I cannot give in.

Only diet food for me. :mellow:

Ava what is diet food for you?  Me thinks you look great and need no diet food.  Indulge once in a while.  That said, I'm hungry and am only 29 calories away from my max allotment for the day.  Guess I can have 2 sugar free 10 calorie Jello's :)

Colleen isn't sugar free jello a life saver? Though I really don't know why you would be dieting yourself!!

And half a roll of sushi? That's like 2 - 3 bites. To me that is nuthin.

That's your problem.  Stop being a glutton and eat normal, human being sized portions.

On the look out for very low cal easy sweet type recipes.

Don't say sugar free jello with fat free cool whip, I do that one already. :girl_prepare_fish:

How about Jello Temptations?  Just had one, super duper yummy :)  Maybe I should have another??

Chia seed pudding is good though takes some time.  Unsweetened almond milk, local honey, Chia seed

and vanilla extract.  All natural sugars.  Google for full recipe if interested.  It is quick to prepare, like 5 minutes if that, but needs to sit overnight in fridge.  I have it for breakfast with fruit or a small snack.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...