Freedom at my fingertips

AceWhite

Hi all- i've done this before. I quit smoking in 2005 for almost ten years. I know firsthand that NOPE means something because i'd read much of the content at whyquit and another forum like this. I took that one puff in 2014, and couldn't stop smoking for the next 7 years. My quit date was 02/07/2021 and this afternoon will mark my ONE WEEK anniversary. This hasn't been easy, and I know there's battles yet to face, but I remain committed to what I knew all along- NOPE- forever. Freedom is at my fingertips, it's my choice.

• Like 8

Welcome, Ace! Congratulations on quitting again and getting through hell week! This is a great forum with lots of info and great people...and all the Joel Spitzer videos are here if you need a little reality pep-talk. Glad to have you! Keep the quit! Your lungs will thank you!

• Like 6

Welcome AceWhite! Sounds like you know the drill quite well. Good to see you reaching out to a support group as that's one more tool to help you get through those tough times. As you said yourself AceWhite, it's up to YOU! We'll all be here to cheer you on.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Welcome Aboard Ace.....

Sorry to hear you smoked after all those years  smoke free....

Just another reminder to ...Never Take Another Puff....

Settle in ...and read all the great info here ....

Looking forward to getting to know you better ..

thank you for rolling out the welcome mat!

• Like 2

Welcome @AceWhite

I'm sorry that you lost your quit but you are right, NOPE is the way.  You can't take another puff.

Life is better smoke free, as you already know.  Congrats on 1 week smoke free.  It is time to make this your forever quit.  You can do this!

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 3

Welcome Ace!  Your post is an excellent example for all us quitters to pay attention and realize that we will work on our quits forever.  I am so glad you have found your way back and am sure you have the strength to quit again.  Stay close and call out if you need us.  You've got this!  

• Like 4

Congratulations on being one week quit!

I know you feel bad about having to start over, but you did help yourself (health wise) by staying quit for over nine years.

Your story sure opened my eyes to what this addiction is really about! NOPE is so true! We can't cheat on it or we will be back where we started.

Welcome, and thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

Welcome Ace , it’s good to have you here, and Big Congratulations on your first week over and done with, the hardest week of all.

stay determined and focussed, and don’t forget to treat yourself regularly, it helps so much with motivation.

Sending you good smoke free vibes.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Ace.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

20 hours ago, AceWhite said:

Freedom is at my fingertips, it's my choice.

That's a key point.  Smoking is always a personal choice; always was, always will be.

Congratulations on one-week smokefree.

• Like 3

Closing in on 2 weeks & feeling proud of my progress.

Gaining some new habits, like eating breakfast instead of drinking coffee and smoking-

Keeping my head in a good place, and so far it's made those urges easier to handle.

The support here has been awesome, and reading through posts when im having a tough moment takes my mind off my struggle.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, AceWhite said:

Closing in on 2 weeks & feeling proud of my progress.

Gaining some new habits, like eating breakfast instead of drinking coffee and smoking-

Keeping my head in a good place, and so far it's made those urges easier to handle.

The support here has been awesome, and reading through posts when im having a tough moment takes my mind off my struggle.

Every statement you've made here shows a maturity in attitude toward your quit, which will serve you well in the long run! Carry on AceWhite.

• Like 4