Help!

JudiMD

Have you tried the JAC (Jillar's air cigarette)? You just pretend you're holding an actual cigarette in your fingers and then go through the motions of "smoking" it. Some people use cut straws, pen shells, even licorice! It did a great job of tricking my brain into thinking it was getting the real thing and the crave would pass.

• Like 3

Well, it looks like your post is fine.  Hang tough Judi.  Looking at your ticker, you have made it through the tough month.  Once you get the nicotine out of your system, it is a matter of redirecting the smoking thoughts.  Try to stay as busy as your can and just tell yourself you are not going there.  You can do this.  You will become stronger every day!

• Like 3

Thanks, everyone.  I’m feeling better this morning.  Even though I felt like I was going to die yesterday...I didn’t!  I’m sure there will be more days ahead of me like yesterday, but hopefully they’ll be fewer and farther between.

Thanks again for the support!  👍🏼

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Judi said:

This is the second post I’ve put in here.  Don’t know where they go.  I think I need to find a board that’s easier to follow.  Really struggling with this one.  😪

Judi.....

Your posts are not getting deleted by any Admin ....

Make sure you press the ..Submit Button make sure your post goes on the main board ...

We are here to help.....

If anyone else has had difficulty with posts ....please check you have pressed the button otherwise your post will be lost ..

• Like 1

Yes, we don't delete any posts as long as they are within our guidelines or we are asked to by a member.

We will edit a post to remove or replace a bad link if we come across it or a link not allowed by our guidelines but otherwise will keep the post intact.  :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Judi.....

Your posts are not getting deleted by any Admin ....

Make sure you press the ..Submit Button make sure your post goes on the main board ...

We are here to help.....

If anyone else has had difficulty with posts ....please check you have pressed the button otherwise your post will be lost ..

Oh my goodness, I’m sorry if it sounded like that’s what I was saying; I certainly was not.  I just meant I was having trouble understanding and following the board; that’s all I meant.  Probably my foggy brain.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Judi said:

Oh my goodness, I’m sorry if it sounded like that’s what I was saying; I certainly was not.  I just meant I was having trouble understanding and following the board; that’s all I meant.  Probably my foggy brain.

It's happened to me a few times too Judi (not just on this site either lol) so I wouldn't worry about it. I think I have posted something only to discover later that it isn't there. Probably because I didn't save it properly, even though I thought I did.

• Like 3

Hey Judi stopping nicotine can be really depressing for some people and give you the brain fog, etc. After 34 years of nicotine addiction I found myself depressed for sure! Nicotine hijacks your inner happy and replaces it with nicotine-happy by inserting itself into your brain receptors which you would otherwise activate for natural dopamine production. It took me several months to get past the I-ain't-got-no-nicotine blues but it did eventually go away.

In the meantime, do use any and all safe & effective means you have, such as exercise, comedy, or vitamins and herbs, to beat down that depression.  Please consult your doctor if your symptoms are worrying you. 

Best of luck on your journey to better health!

• Like 3