Down

Linda

4 minutes ago, jillar said:

We always say take what you want and leave the rest. Everyone here is here to support each other, some with more tougher love than others. 

Hopefully soon you'll be able to start seeing some benefits of quitting. In the mean time we do have an ignore feature if you don't want to see someone's posts

I didn't have a problem with seeing someone's post. But being told I posted every day about my struggles , this it was the reason for the sharing that's the part I do not get.

11 minutes ago, Linda said:

I didn't have a problem with seeing someone's post. But being told I posted every day about my struggles , this it was the reason for the sharing that's the part I do not get.

Sorry Jill I am really having a hard time understanding if I can't share the struggles and feel comfortable doing that why be here.

• Sad 1

He was just stating a fact Linda, he wasn't saying not to post. We want you to post about your struggles so that we can help you past them. Its easy to take things wrong this early in your quit but I assure you BKP meant nothing offensive about his post so please try not to take it that way

9 minutes ago, jillar said:

He was just stating a fact Linda, he wasn't saying not to post. We want you to post about your struggles so that we can help you past them. Its easy to take things wrong this early in your quit but I assure you BKP meant nothing offensive about his post so please try not to take it that way

Thanks but I feel a little different about it. So because I want to smoke right now more than I did before all this came about I just need to shut up about it

Aww Linda....

Everyone on this Train has your best interest at heart ...

BKP...too.....

It would be a boring place if everyone said the same thing...

Some come and slap you with a feather ...others come with with boxing gloves ... I have be known to come here with my frying pan ...

What we all know ...The power of the addiction can make you see things distorted ...of course it wants you to stay hooked .....it doesn't want to listen to reason ..

It wants to keep you drawn in ....this is what addiction does ,any addiction ...

I'm sorry you haven't settled here and got to know the members ...

Going back to smoking can only lead to misery and health problems...

We will always be here ....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

Aww Linda....

Everyone on this Train has your best interest at heart ...

BKP...too.....

It would be a boring place if everyone said the same thing...

Some come and slap you with a feather ...others come with with boxing gloves ... I have be known to come here with my frying pan ...

What we all know ...The power of the addiction can make you see things distorted ...of course it wants you to stay hooked .....it doesn't want to listen to reason ..

It wants to keep you drawn in ....this is what addiction does ,any addiction ...

I'm sorry you haven't settled here and got to know the members ...

Going back to smoking can only lead to misery and health problems...

We will always be here ....

I thought I had hat what made it pretty discouraging.

• Like 1

Oh Linda, I think by leaving us, you are giving yourself permission to fail.  Your depression may not just be connected to your smoking.  You are dealing with a pandemic and isolation.  Maybe you should see your physician about medication that may help balance that.  I can guarantee that you will just sink deeper, if you fail.  I am not ashamed to say that I have battled depression my entire life and quitting smoking was very difficult for me.  I probably would not have made it through quitting if I hadn't found a doctor that prescribed the right medication.  When you are down, you do not feel that you have the energy to do anything.   

What is great about the forum is that you are getting many different points of view.  Take what is helpful and ignore the rest.  We are trying to find the right words to help guide you through the tough spots.  

Linda, you have come so far.  Don't make me come up there.  I am right around the corner from you in Ohio.  I have been looking for an excuse for a road trip.  Hang in there!  Keep telling yourself that "this too shall pass".    

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mee said:

Oh Linda, I think by leaving us, you are giving yourself permission to fail.  Your depression may not just be connected to your smoking.  You are dealing with a pandemic and isolation.  Maybe you should see your physician about medication that may help balance that.  I can guarantee that you will just sink deeper, if you fail.  I am not ashamed to say that I have battled depression my entire life and quitting smoking was very difficult for me.  I probably would not have made it through quitting if I hadn't found a doctor that prescribed the right medication.  When you are down, you do not feel that you have the energy to do anything.   

What is great about the forum is that you are getting many different points of view.  Take what is helpful and ignore the rest.  We are trying to find the right words to help guide you through the tough spots.  

Linda, you have come so far.  Don't make me come up there.  I am right around the corner from you in Ohio.  I have been looking for an excuse for a road trip.  Hang in there!  Keep telling yourself that "this too shall pass".    

I had said I would not post my struggle on hear  again but I will reply to your words. I really dont recall saying I was dealing with depression

1 hour ago, Linda said:

I really dont recall saying I was dealing with depression

You did not say you were dealing with depression, I was just suggesting it might be a possibility.  You sound very discouraged and down.  Maybe there is someone here that you really connect with and could private message back and force.  I just hate to see you go it alone.  Quitting for me was like peeling an onion.  By posting my feelings, others gently guided me to look deep inside to the awesome and strong person I was.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mee said:

You did not say you were dealing with depression, I was just suggesting it might be a possibility.  You sound very discouraged and down.  Maybe there is someone here that you really connect with and could private message back and force.  I just hate to see you go it alone.  Quitting for me was like peeling an onion.  By posting my feelings, others gently guided me to look deep inside to the awesome and strong person I was.  

I had been doing and posting my feelings and there was a post that my post were always negative so I made a decision not to share 

@Linda I have read this thread. I am sorry that you have decided to pull back and not post your feelings here.  But I understand and respect your decision. Some time back I realized that I could not make negative posts here without getting some replies back that I didn't like.  I can come off very negative when I'm having a bad day. I think the members here know from their success at quitting, that remaining as positive as possible is the best way to go.  Most of the replies that I didn't like hit a nerve. They had a truthfulness in them that my negative mind didn't want to hear. When I'm negative, I'm negative all the way! Then after some thought I would realize why I didn't like the reply I got.

I quit posting negative thoughts as much as possible, and I am willing to let most replies I don't like slide off.

All the people here had quits that were different. But everyone here has a common goal, helping others to quit smoking.  If I didn't believe that, I would not log on here at all!

We are both very early in our quits. 

I hope that you can get past this and we can continue on our journey together!  If not, I wish you All the Luck in quitting this nasty habit anyway you can!

Take Care!

Jeff

Edited by JH63
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, JH63 said:

@Linda I have read this thread. I am sorry that you have decided to pull back and not post your feelings here.  But I understand and respect your decision. Some time back I realized that I could not make negative posts here without getting some replies back that I didn't like.  I can come off very negative when I'm having a bad day. I think the members here know from their success at quitting, that remaining as positive as possible is the best way to go.  Most of the replies that I didn't like hit a nerve. They had a truthfulness in them that my negative mind didn't want to hear. When I'm negative, I'm negative all the way! Then after some thought I would realize why I didn't like the reply I got.

I quit posting negative thoughts as much as possible, and I am willing to let most replies I don't like slide off.

All the people here had quits that were different. But everyone here has a common goal, helping others to quit smoking.  If I didn't believe that, I would not log on here at all!

We are both very early in our quits. 

I hope that you can get past this and we can continue on our journey together!  If not, I wish you All the Luck in quitting this nasty habit anyway you can!

Take Care!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff

• Like 2

Linda

Perhaps I did not communicate very clearly or perhaps it was interpreted wrong.  It doesn't matter.  Let's move on now.  The basic thing is I support your effort to keep this quit going.  Whatever way you want to get there is perfectly fine.  Just get there.  Last post from me on this topic.  Best of luck to you. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BKP said:

Linda

Perhaps I did not communicate very clearly or perhaps it was interpreted wrong.  It doesn't matter.  Let's move on now.  The basic thing is I support your effort to keep this quit going.  Whatever way you want to get there is perfectly fine.  Just get there.  Last post from me on this topic.  Best of luck to you. 

You are right it doesn't matter, I think it was a matter of both communication and interpretation . Let's move on!!

• Like 3

This is how I see it ...

When I see someone post a negative post ...I try my best to reassure that person ...

that quitting smoking is the most positive thing they can do ...for themselves and their loved ones ..

It doesn't mean that person shouldn't be negative ....it just means I try and get them to feel better about themselves ...

I have to give positive replies .. to spur you newbies on ...

There is nothing negative about freeing yourself....

Hopefully when you have some time behind you ...it will come clear ...

The old timers here ,who are still travelling with you newbies ,stay with one reason ....

To help you quit this addiction ...

• Like 1

Wow Linda what did I miss here while I was running around in my loin cloth hunting those wild boar !

I hope you are still there, I just want to give this little piece of advice.

No matter what happens Good bad stay with us, if you feel Ragged on address it if you get mad get mad.

I have been on and off of here for years, and the reason why is I did relapse, I know if I had came back I could

have addressed what happened and got back to it. I would be a lot better off than I am today.

No sob story here, it took a heart attack for me to get serious about me quitting. and yes everyone's quit is different

but please hang in there with us Girl

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IQ4me said:

Hi @Linda  Someone said find a buddy you can confide in, great advice! How are you doing? I hope you're still on the Quittrain. 

I am just not posting much right now and I have someone that has become a good friend. Thanks for asking

• Like 1

I remember belonging to a couple quit sites. A few times I left bc of hurt feelings. I don't blame the members, I blame myself. The only one /thing I need to really be friends with is me and my quit. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with being friendly and sharing a lil something here and there. I have a few good people in my life I'm close with and don't have a need to be that close with anyone here. I just don't. I will try to post NOPE daily, it's therapeutic. 

Have a great weekend guys!! And, Happy Valentines Day!!! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IQ4me said:

I remember belonging to a couple quit sites. A few times I left bc of hurt feelings. I don't blame the members, I blame myself. The only one /thing I need to really be friends with is me and my quit. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with being friendly and sharing a lil something here and there. I have a few good people in my life I'm close with and don't have a need to be that close with anyone here. I just don't. I will try to post NOPE daily, it's therapeutic. 

Have a great weekend guys!! And, Happy Valentines Day!!! 

Thanks Opah very nice