Down

Linda

I am struggling this am and think I need to back away from the forum for now. The group has been so supportive and  shared their journey with me , but I need to deal with what is going on with the issue with me. Need to  figure this out. Thank you all

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Ask yourself Linda ...

Are you strong enough to go it alone ...

Over the years ,we have seen those who stayed close to the board ...are the ones most likely to quit forever .

Only you can make that decision....

We can only give you the tools to work with ....

Give it some thought Linda ....smoking kills ...this is your life were talking about ...

• Like 3

Jill is right Linda ....if you lose your wonderful quit ...you,ll only wish you were back where you are today ..

FREE.

Your body is going through some massive changes ...of course your all over the place ...

We have all been where you are ....

The only way it gets better...is sticking and working at it ....

I'm sure you have said many a time ...I wish I was free .....you are ....All you need to do is stay free...

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BKP said:

Your focus seems to be how miserable you feel.  You should really be focusing on how much you want this.  Hopefully you want it enough to get past any temporary hardship or discomfort.

image.png.7317dc556f6712691c473dbff52e99f4.png

Maybe your quitting experience was not miserable, good for you that it might  not have been.But as far as hardships and discomfort  you have no idea what mine are.

2 hours ago, jillar said:

@Linda, one more thing-smoking won't make your day any better AND if you pride yourself on keeping your word like I do then you can't smoke today because you NOPED! 🤗

Ok Jillar you have ME there I did NOPE FOR TODAY

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Linda said:

Maybe your quitting experience was not miserable, good for you that it might  not have been.But as far as hardships and discomfort  you have no idea what mine are.

I can assure you that quitting was one of the most difficult things I've ever done and it was often miserable. I smoked for 39 years and was as addicted as anyone else on the planet.   I was simply suggesting that you try rechanneling some the negative feelings you're having into all the benefits that will come from reaching your goal of a smoke free life.

As far as hardships and discomfort go, you post every day how you're having a tough time.  That's all I'm referring to.  I actually wish you only success.     

Edited by BKP
  • Like 1

@Linda, I agree that if you only focus on the negatives in life then you miss out on all the positives 🤗

And we can all attest to the fact that its easy to got caught up in the misery of those first days/weeks/months. But I tell you from being here for four years that the people who embraced the suck had a wayyyyyyyyy easier quit then those of us who didn't......🤗

19 minutes ago, jillar said:

@Linda, I agree that if you only focus on the negatives in life then you miss out on all the positives 🤗

And we can all attest to the fact that its easy to got caught up in the misery of those first days/weeks/months. But I tell you from being here for four years that the people who embraced the suck had a wayyyyyyyyy easier quit then those of us who didn't.....

46 minutes ago, BKP said:

I can assure you that quitting was one of the most difficult things I've ever done and it was often miserable. I smoked for 39 years and was as addicted as anyone else on the planet.   I was simply suggesting that you try rechanneling some the negative feelings you're having into all the benefits that will come from reaching your goal of a smoke free life.

As far as hardships and discomfort go, you post every day how you're having a tough time.  That's all I'm referring to.  I actually wish you only success.     

Ok now that just irritating ,because I thought this was a place to share the struggles I guess I was wrong

2 minutes ago, jillar said:

Oh Linda, you're taking our posts all wrong. Of course this is a safe place to share your struggles.  We're just trying to help you see the positives  too. Please don't take it the wrong way 🤗

Well after BkP comments about posting daily I'm not quite sure about that I have positive in my life has nothing to do with smoking

1 hour ago, BKP said:

I thought this was the place to share my struggles with the quitting process. Evidently I was wrong. The positive in my life has nothing to do with quitting smoking

Yea I know. That's why we try to help you see the positives. Especially in the early quit because I also just saw all the negative and was pissy because other people "could" smoke and I couldn't. And I also took posts to me wrong. I remember telling one guy, who later became good friends, not to post on my threads anymore and I wouldn't post on his lol.

3 minutes ago, jillar said:

Yea I know. That's why we try to help you see the positives. Especially in the early quit because I also just saw all the negative and was pissy because other people "could" smoke and I couldn't. And I also took posts to me wrong. I remember telling one guy, who later became good friends, not to post on my threads anymore and I wouldn't post on his lol.

Well all this is just pissing me off, there is not anything positive about not smoking for me right now and I don't think I would be comfortable posting my struggles so I don't see the point if not. Sorry

We always say take what you want and leave the rest. Everyone here is here to support each other, some with more tougher love than others. 

Hopefully soon you'll be able to start seeing some benefits of quitting. In the mean time we do have an ignore feature if you don't want to see someone's posts