Life lessons

Linda

Ok I know crap happens, but it seems like lately its all at once. Feel like I'm being put to the test like here  is some more bad news can ya handle this????  Oh ya and don't smoke.well I'm about at my wits end with it. I realize there is always stuff going to happen.I was up at 5 am and got dressed and actually drove to the gas station to buy cigarettes. Then I'm like what the hell are you doing. It was 1 degrees out side snowy and crappy  The insanity of it all. I did turn around and come home without cigarettes. Knowing the bad news was not going turn into good news after I smoked that cigarette. My daily rant for Sunday

• Like 3

Wow Linda ....

You sure tested your strength in your Quit ....

Realising having a smoke won't alter anything ...is a good step forward ....

You proved to yourself ,just how much you want this quit ...

You won that battle ....you should feel very proud of yourself ....

giphy-27.gif

• Like 1

Yes, well done Linda. It took great will power to turn around and go home without buying smokes. Especially when you were right there. I commend you on a huge step in the right direction. I would have to say this should solidify in your mind that you truly are a non smoker now. Congratulations

• Like 2

Big WELL DONE for not caving into those horrible stinky cancer sticks, you sure would have felt ten times more stress after smoking them, and they would have tasted like sh*t, not at all like you remember them.

I get what you did though, as I did this myself early in my quit, except I walked to the shop, which gave me plenty of time to come to my senses on the way there, by the time I got to the shop, and the shopkeeper was about to give me my usual brand, I said No Thanks, I.ll just take the sweets. It felt good.

Good job on turning that car round.

Proud of you.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Linda said:

I really wish I could get that burned into my mind

Repetition is the key.  What feels new and weird today will start to feel very normal with time and repetition.

Consistently making new and better choices rewires the brain.  Here's a video I enjoyed during the early days of my quit...

• Like 3