Waiting!!!

Linda

I was just reading your post you bumped. Thank you for doing that!!! It just seems like with the covid crap and being stuck home oh not really my getting out is going to the freaking doctors office lol. That my social activity. I know I'm not the one going through this but is does suck!! Got in my daily rant. At least today is a little better than yesterdays was.

• Like 4

I was just reading your post you bumped. Thank you for doing that!!! It just seems like with the covid crap and being stuck home oh not really my getting out is going to the freaking doctors office lol. That my social activity. I know I'm not the one going through this but is does suck!! Got in my daily rant. At least today is a little better than yesterdays was.

I know sooner or later it will get better. You right we are in it together that does help

• Like 2

Hey Linda,

Since we were smokers for SO very long, it seems that it will take a bit before we stop thinking about smoking, right? I have decided not to let those thoughts consume me. When they pop up, and they definitely do, I immediately redirect my thinking to another topic - any topic. Walk outside and take a few deep breaths, reorganize my cabinets, write a few cards to clients, friends and family, etc. It helps! You control what is inside your head ;)

Congrats on sticking with it!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Linda said:

I know the answer before I ask but I can't wait for that I don't think about smoking

My son-in-law just told me he thought about it for YEARS before it completely went away.  I didn’t need to hear that; bless his heart.  I’m not young, so I guess that means I’ll crave one the rest of my life.  Not sure that’s how I want to leave this world.  Can you tell I’m really struggling today?  I mean REALLY struggling.  😓

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Judi said:

I’m not young, so I guess that means I’ll crave one the rest of my life.  Not sure that’s how I want to leave this world.

Judi, you won't crave them in the sense that you are right now. When a smoking thought does pop in your head it will be easily swatted away as you get through this first year of triggers. I have an occasional thought of smoking pop into my head from time to time still but then its gone just as quickly. Kinda like when you walk into a room but forget what you went in there for.

I'm sorry you're having a hard day today, just hold tight because the day is almost over and hopefully your tomorrow will be better 🤗

• Like 4

Linda and Deb, you guys are definitely going in the right direction. Hey faith in yourself and believe you can do this. I am at 10 months quit and I hardly think about smoking at all. Not to say I don't get thoughts about smoking because I do. They just don't affect me like they used to. I easily push them aside. The two of you will get here soon enough. Protect your quit.

• Like 4

@Judi I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling today!  I had the same experience some time back. I have a friend who has been quit for 12 or 15 years. He is now 66. He told me that even after all this time he still has a craving now and then, but they are rare and very easy to beat.

I agree with @jillar and him. 

At first the cravings and urges are close together and more intense, but with everyday we fight them off, they become further apart and less intense. Something that in time we will be able to handle with just a small amount of effort. We have to work through this hard part to get to the easy part of being an ex-smoker. We cannot be never smokers! But we can be, with some effort and commitment, ex-smokers.  

We are all going through the same thing! Some of us at the same time! I hope you have a better day tomorrow! 

• Like 4

So sorry Judi you are having a hard time. I know what you mean about the struggle. But we  an do this. Get on the train and read other peoples success stories and other newbies that are struggling just like you which includes me.. That helps me when I am having a bad day. Hang in there!!! 

• Like 4

Of course I can only speak for myself ....

I'm 7 years smoke free..after Puffing my way over 5 Decades.....

Do I crave a Cig.....Never .....

Do I think of them ..yes often ....because I'm here ...helping you peeps....

Thinking is not a crave ....I have lots of thoughts about tons of stuff a day ...

Read all old posts here ....they have some interesting points ....

Did you read Mac ...he's almost 10 months and all ready not craving ....

Judi ...I promise you .....no way will you crave the rest of your life ....one day you will suddenly love your quit .

• Like 4