Three Weeks Today

Dogbelly

All, just thought I would check in, and today now is three weeks. I still have not even smelled any cigarette smoke since my last one. As all of you know and have experienced, some days are better than others....but all in all it is going ok. So, still hanging in there. Cheers!

• Like 10

Thanks to all for the great comments. I am still amazed at all the extra time I have! It really didn't seem like I was spending that much time smoking. I guess when you add up the ritual, the sneaking around, the actual act of smoking, and then the clean up (making sure I didn't stink, which I did).........time adds up. 

I just finished my first Chantix prescription and got another. It really seems to work for me. The other thing I seem to notice is lately I have been sleeping better. I don't know if that is a positive effect of not smoking or not. I just am.  cheers. 

• Like 5

@Dogbelly 

I seem to also sleep much better when I am not smoking! I attribute that to fighting the urges and cravings during the time I'm awake.  For me ,that's real work. That may not be the case with you.

About 10 years ago I had my longest period of not smoking while using Chantix. 17 weeks. It wasn't my sticky quit, but I do believe it helped. I only took it for the first 4 weeks of those 17. As I remember it caused me some stomach problems. I never moved up to the higher dosage. Everyone's experience is different, so you might be able to go all the way with Chantix as prescribed. 

Good Luck! You can do this! That positive attitude you have about quitting will get you further than any pill or NRT can!

Jeff

Edited by JH63
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Dogbelly said:

I just finished my first Chantix prescription and got another. It really seems to work for me. The other thing I seem to notice is lately I have been sleeping better. I don't know if that is a positive effect of not smoking or not. I just am.  cheers. 

Dogbelly, like Jeff @JH63, I also quit with Chantix years ago and made the mistake of only using the first month of it thinking three weeks quit was enough and I didn't need it any longer. WRONG, I pretty much instantly relapsed once the drug was out of my system. So please stay on it for at least the minimum recommended time of three months. Some have even stayed on it as long as six months but three is what works for most 😊

• Like 1