Two Weeks Today!

Dogbelly

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement. It really does make quitting with others.....can I say a better experience?

i really find it interesting how much I have in common with a lot of you regarding smoking. More along the line of the stupid rituals i used to do just to smoke. 

I was thinking once we get past this virus, and get to fly again not having to go through security outside to smoke on lay overs. What a pain in the ass. Anyway, i can think of all kinds of examples. Ok, cheers. 

• Like 4

Doglover, I quit smoking exactly because it was a pain in the ass. Figuring out where I could smoke just got to be too much trouble.  Can't smoke anywhere!  I never smoked in my house, and then I got a new car and did not want to smoke in it.  And of course no smoking on work campus or at restaurants.  25 feet from door of stores or public buildings.  I wish I had a more noble inspiration like my health, but that is my truth.  Luckily, even though my motives were not noble, the rewards have been the same!  Just keep on keeping on!

• Like 4

I would have to sneak around and smoke. Go walk down to the main street, smoke 2-3 cigarettes in a row or more. Come home smelling like smoke. I wasn't enjoying it anymore and it was slow suicide because of my COPD. I am glad that this forum exists and I need to utilize it more. Anyway, congrats again. 2 weeks is a huge deal.

• Like 5

Way to go Dogbelly! And now you're at 2 1/2 weeks!! 

We really were some silly (and stupid) smokers. How about being at a restaurant for dinner and stepping outside for a smoke between courses?? Horrible habit that my hubby and I both used to do.  Ridiculous.

• Like 5

Hey Dog it is almost 3 weeks now, I now I am late to the show but just wanted to say you have the hardest part completed, its no pleasure cruise from here but the nicotine is gone, your lungs are thinking about healing, the receptors in your brain are stating to shut down.

Keep the Momentum  and your eye on the prize , you are kicking butt ~

6 hours ago, JH63 said:

I ahve no Idea how this got here?

• Like 1

Great going Dogbelly! Yes it's so awesome to not have to stand out in the rain to smoke and, OMG! will it ever be FANTASTIC to be able to sit through an 11 hour flight without jonesing for a smoke!!!! Weehoo am I relishing the thought of that! Congratulations!!

• Like 1