Just stopped

Annien

I was just googling ''How to stop smoking'' and then I realized..what am I doing, and I put down my last ciigarette, with still 7 cigarettes left in my pocket. The reason is, I keep postponing the date evry time, and it feels as if Im never going to find the right day to stop. Is this an Ok way to stop? And what is my next important steps? Thanks for your support!!

• Like 6

Right now is always the best time to stop.     Throw away the last seven.  I threw away 2 unopened cartons plus 5 packs!  

I’m not telling you it’s easy, it’s not...but it’s doable.  Don’t wait until your doctor tells you your main artery is 100% blocked and you need a stent.  And you have a spot on your lung.  STOP NOW.  Good luck and stick close by and read read read.

• Like 7

Hi Annien, YES it's a GREAT way to quit! I had known for a while that I needed to quit too and just decided one day to not buy anymore. That was almost five years ago now :) The only REALLY important step to take is to not smoke! But as far as tips and clues go, I recommend getting yourself some sweets to suck on as our bodies seem to crave that when we first quit. Also listen to your body, it's going to go right to work to start cleaning the years of damage we did by smoking so if it's craving something, give it what it wants. And if your body needs rest, rest.

We also have great articles and videos about our addiction so be sure to look at all our various forums. The stuff we feel helps the most has been pinned to the top of the forum pages. 

Again, congratulations on choosing to quit, you won't regret it :) 

• Like 4

Hi and welcome aboard ....

Getting on this Train was the best first thing you have done to stop smoking ....

Why put more Nicotine in your body....just to take it out again ...

So the Best time is Right now !!!....

Spend time looking around the board ...

Try our Main Smoking Thread ...

There is tons of useful info there ..and great videos to watch ...

We have some newbies ..doing really well ..so you can ride along with them ...

Don't over think this ... just do it 🐸

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Annien.  Congratulations on quitting smoking.

1 hour ago, Annien said:

Is this an Ok way to stop? 

Perfect.

The one incontrovertible rule for starting a quit is that you ash out the last cigarette and commit to never going back to smoking.  

You have done that.  You're on your way now.

1 hour ago, Annien said:

And what is my next important steps? 

There are options that will facilitate your quit.  The articles and videos that can be found here will help you recognize the traps and lies of nicotine addiction.  Making use of the resources available on this site will help you sort out most of the issues related to quitting.

As for the most important steps, never forget the two rules of quitting: (1) DON'T SMOKE! and (2) If you have any further questions refer back to Rule #1.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Annien said:

Thanks a lot! It helps Judy! Any advice on where to start reading? I just joined the site x

Welcome to our forum Annien.  Just stopping is the only way you can quit.   Smoking is such an awful addiction that keeps robbing us of life.  Stay close to the forum because there is plenty of help here.  You can do this!  

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Annien, and yes just stopping with several left is the best way ---- that is how I did it.  Quitting is not the easiest thing to do but coming here everyday for help, support, knowledge or just to socialize will most definitely help you --- Keep Strong!!!

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Annien,

Great job on deciding to quit smoking. You have just joined the best site for non smokers to get all the support they will need. Look around the site, read the articles and watch the videos. Knowledge is power when it comes to dealing with nicotine addiction. Stay strong and take advantage of the daily Nope pledge.

• Like 4

On 1/25/2021 at 2:30 PM, Annien said:

I was just googling ''How to stop smoking'' and then I realized..what am I doing, and I put down my last ciigarette, with still 7 cigarettes left in my pocket. The reason is, I keep postponing the date evry time, and it feels as if Im never going to find the right day to stop. Is this an Ok way to stop? And what is my next important steps? Thanks for your support!!

There is only one "OK" way. 
Put the cigarettes down and never smoke another so long as you live. 
Anything else is unnecessarily irrelevant detail. 
None of that other crap matters. 

There is one-and-only-one step:
Never. Smoke. Again. 
ALL successful quitters are stuck at this step and will never move past it.  
ALL failed quits fail when this step fails. 
Nothing. Else. Matters. 

EZPZ