Getting back to it

Opah

Well  it is time to pull my head out of the sand and get back to the normal world.  

Starting to meet my triggers and having those Smoking dreams, Man the other night 

I Smoked and Smoked in a dream, my pipes, cigars, cigarettes and such.  woke up with

my lungs hurting, thank god I have the knowledge form here to fall back on.

Triggers are everywhere, when I drive, when I work, even the rain will set off a craving.

So Far I have been able to say to myself, no thank you not today and walk away from it.

But it is now to the point I need to deal with it not walk away, straight forward address

the craving and say NO and continue on with what I was doing.

Got some Hunting coming up and I know there are major triggers there that I will really

need to over come and remove.  Life goes on after smoking and I plan on enjoying all that

is ahead of me !

• Like 4

Opah...

This is how we all did it  here ....NOPE every day ....every minute some days ....

Take Smoking Off The Table ...No Matter What ....

Remember the Reason you need to Quit ....never get complacent.....

We have tons of info here....loads of videos ....make sure you read all you can to help you along...

Stay strong ..Fight for your Freedom ...

• Like 4

Thank you

I am really prepping for next week, be the first hunt since my incident.

Four days, five nights  to plan for, adrenaline is at a high smoking is not a issue

no stores in 40 miles so unless I roll up some pig stuff I'm gold

Can not smoke what you don't got.    image.png.8429652f86d90d45bb6ef1b53db64e92.png

• Like 4

Yes in deedy do, all set Monday to Thursday, head out around 4am and get to the Ranch about 9 or 10am.

Met my Cardiac nurse and got my leash on, a watch that monitors my heart rate , blood oxy gen end such then

sends it ti her to check out.  She was very interested in Quit train and you all, she was wondering how I quit

without the patches or gum and I told her about us.  we may see some newbie from her cardiac rehab.

If that is OK ? i can ask her not to if it is not OK?

Well I am Gearing up for this Challenge, I know I will have several triggers to over come, end of the day setting

by the fire kicking around the days hunt,  after the morning hunt while having that first hot cup of coffee.

All will be confronted and put away, Ill come home 8 more days into my quit and a couple hundred lbs of

pork for the freezer.

This quit is some much different than the others, so much more going on, got my heart, my sugar, my weight,

my beer, all the meds and ll the keeping track of it all really doesn't leave much time.  I guess the plus to this is

I won't be in no mans land for a year or so with all the testing and monitoring going on.  My fails happened in

the quite of no mans land.   Over confidence, that creeping little voice whispering to me that i am fine and

in control,  putting the hardship and work i went thru behind me, forgetting what got me to where I was.

In that silence os No Mans Lands is where I really need Quit train, all the good voices reminding me where I

came from.  The voices that will remind me what a liar that soft whispering little voice is.

• Like 3

Tomorrow a new day for me,  Found this song to be pretty inspirational for me.

Not sure what everyone else will hear, I hear let go the passt and hich a ride into tomorrow.

Jim Croce Got to Love him.

• Like 4

Feeling a little apprehensive this morning, be pulling out tomorrow morning and all the second guessing is on in high gear, decided not to take my Toyota 4X4, uncomfortable with  how much oil it is leaking,

Taking my big 4X4 GMC Yukon a lot more gas but it wont even know it has a trailer hooked up.  But what I did notice is 

the smoking area seemed very smoky this morning. couldn't help but smell it,  it was almost like a BBQ on a rainy day you cant help but take a deep whiff. 

Kinda shook me for a second,  tried to pretend it did not smell good to me.  So here i sit working it out in text,   I remember one  time following a truck down the freeway because I could smell him smoking, does the smell of smoking ever catch any of you off guard ?

Ok need to shake this off and get to work, just one more trigger I need to put to bed.

Edited by Opah
  • Like 2

Opah, I loved the smell of a freshly lit cigarette after I quit but couldn't stand the smell of stale smoke. There's nothing wrong with that so don't feel bad about it. Just walk by those guys after they come in and have a whiff of them,  you'll be reminded of how nasty it is!

Have a good trip :) 

• Like 2

My truck still smells, but it is a not good smell, I wouldn't say stink but it sure aint no bed of roses. 

Need to hit it up with some fabris no sent works for my hunting stuff.  

It has passed, just kibda figured that this type of thing was gone, guess not, at least I am aware of it

now and next time I;ll be better equipped to Blow it off as a trigger.

• Like 3

Oh Opah, it pains me to see this post from you. I remember when I first quit, you were there right with me and to see you still struggling four years later is tough.

You need to get it right, man! Get your head in the game!

You know what to do, now DO IT!

Not One Puff Ever!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Opah,

I know you're currently on your hunting trip, but wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and sending good vibes to push thru any cravings related to old habits while you're out there. You've come so far, definitely too far to throw it all away. You definitely need to have your truck cleaned on the inside, professionally, get rid of that stench man! LOL

Be safe!

• Like 2

Hi Deb:

Not yet, we postponed the trip a week. worried about the road to the ranch being flooded and unpassable.

This Monday is the get going day, Monday thru Thursday,. Man I love it up there, so many animals, deer, Turkey, wild Boar, quail  Beautiful.  Rolling Green hills, sections of wooded area surrounded by meadows.

Wake up to turkeys gobbling and the thunder flapping of there wings coming of of there roost, the fawns will eat out of your hand just amazing place to be.

Its going to be a bit different this time, only two of us and I will be in my camper by my self, so I will have a retreat if necessary.  I am absolutely not purchasing any smoking or vaping products to go with me, so crave or not I will not have anything to smoke, ( can't smoke what you don't have )

Yes Jim it has been a long time and I am happy no one has gotten to spank you with wet noodles.  You have always been a rock.  This time around I have been given a real good reason and an inspiration to keep my quit and no matter what i felt about smoking I value my life much more.

I do so appreciate you all and am proud to refer Quit train to Others. and also appreciate being able to come back when I have lapsed without being Judged,  I hope to share in the inspiration and strength you all provide.

• Like 4