Just joined

Hollyleaf

My friend said that this group saved her when she quit smoking and suggested it to me. I have smoked for 28 years, wow I don’t usually write that out or even say it out loud. I’m on day 5 of no smoking, hopefully it continues.

• Like 8

Welcome aboard our train full of quitters Holly leaf and congratulations on day 5! 😊

That's great that we helped your friend, maybe she'll stop by and tell us how she's doing?

Make sure to look around the place and all we have to offer with our various forums 😊

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Hollyleaf,

If you're looking for the best site for support and knowledge about quitting smoking then you have definitely come to the right place. So, grab a seat and relax. Browse the many articles and videos about quitting smoking. Remember knowledge is power. Plus, the daily Nope pledge is also a good way to commit to not smoking everyday.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Hollyleaf... Congratulations in your great Quit ...

So glad we could help your friend Quit ....we can also help you too....

A good place to start is the Main Smoking Board ...Read all the posts pinned in green ...

It will give you alot of information to help you along ....also watch all Joel's , videos....they are so helpful.

Take your time and settle in ...get to know us all....

Stay close ....and make that daily pledge ...it's a great helping tool 🐸

• Like 3

Welcome aboard the Quit Train Hollyleaf.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

5 hours ago, Hollyleaf said:

I’m on day 5 of no smoking,

Good job.

5 hours ago, Hollyleaf said:

hopefully it continues.

The choice is yours.  You have all the power in this situation.

• Like 5

Welcome! 5 days is Great!

Those 28 years are in the past. You can't do anything about them except what you are doing now.

By quitting now, you can undo some of the damage you've done to your body and live a longer and happier life.

You are in the right place!

• Like 3

Welcome to the train hollyleaf and great going on your Five days smokefree, the worst week almost done. 
stay determined and it will get easier, slowly but surely.

I found relaxing sleep music on YouTube helped me a lot or calm sounds of nature, like the sea or rain .

pamper yourself, and give yourself regular treats to keep you motivated. You will surprised how quick the days will start to go.

come here as much as you can and read everything, and watch the Joel Spitzer videos, they are so helpful.

all the best to you.

• Like 3

On 1/25/2021 at 9:28 AM, Hollyleaf said:

My friend said that this group saved her when she quit smoking

Hollyleaf, this group also saved my life.  I had smoked for 42 years, attempting every possible way to quit, until I stumbled across this forum.  The members here guided me through the journey and helped carry me across the finish line.  They helped me understand that I had the power to change my life.  Make this forum your new addiction.  There is plenty of friendship, education and humor.

• Like 3

Hi Holly! 

Welcome!

40 year smoker here and now on day 26 of my quit. You've got this - don't give in - not one puff ever!! That needs to be your mantra. Don't give in. You've come so far already. I'm sorry I didn't see that you were struggling several hours ago - are you ok? Did you get thru it? Super deep breaths help me get past them.

• Like 5

Hi again @Hollyleaf, many of us suffered insomnia when we first quit. I used an OTC sleep aid a couple times a week and I found just taking one pill before bedtime was enough to take the edge off so I could sleep. 

It won't last forever but unfortunately just another annoying recovery symptom we have to go through to get to the other side, xoxo

• Like 5