Mind over matter

Linda

That's addiction @Linda and it happens to all of us. I literally thought about cigarettes 24/7 for easily the first month or two. I can still remember the first day I woke up and smoking wasn't on my mind, I even sang in the shower lol.

So just trust us when we say its going to get better because its going to get so much better 😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Linda said:

I swear I think about wanting to smoke more when I'm trying to quit than I did when I smoked!!! What the heck. 

We were on autopilot when we smoked.  Combine physical addiction, mental conditioning, and a series of rituals that we set up around getting our fix and you've got yourself something that really consumes your life.

We were on autopilot when we smoked.  Didn't really think about, we just smoked because that's what smokers do.  Quitting smoking temporarily yanked us right out of our comfort zone.

The thing about comfort zones is, they can turn into ruts.  

• Like 4

Thinking about it is my deal too.....although it passes. Some days are worse than others. For me, Once I get past the morning, I will be good. I smoked way more in the morning than the rest of the day. I guess it’s not surprising that the further I get into the day, the less I think about smoking now. 

I just tell myself, fine I can think about it, just not going to do it! 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Boo said:

We were on autopilot when we smoked.  Combine physical addiction, mental conditioning, and a series of rituals that we set up around getting our fix and you've got yourself something that really consumes your life.

We were on autopilot when we smoked.  Didn't really think about, we just smoked because that's what smokers do.  Quitting smoking temporarily yanked us right out of our comfort zone.

The thing about comfort zones is, they can turn into ruts.  

That is for sure, it has turned into a dark hole

26 minutes ago, Dogbelly said:

Thinking about it is my deal too.....although it passes. Some days are worse than others. For me, Once I get past the morning, I will be good. I smoked way more in the morning than the rest of the day. I guess it’s not surprising that the further I get into the day, the less I think about smoking now. 

I just tell myself, fine I can think about it, just not going to do it! 

Thanks for sharing

• Like 3

Sorry I feel like such a whip. I know it is hard for everyone. Just don't know if I can do it. This damm virus is making so much harder for me feeling so isolated.I usually go shopping or visit someone, but can't do that. Sorry for my rant. 

• Like 2

Linda, you can rant, scream or even cry but don't smoke.  I became addicted to this forum when I was quitting.  I complained plenty and there was always someone who jumped in and helped me get through.  We are here for you too.  I promise it will become easier.  

• Like 2

Linda, I am just shy of two weeks, so I like you are a rookie at this. With everything in pretty much lockdown don’t help. Not smoking and stuck at home can make one feel like you are in jail or something. 

I really don’t have cravings, I just think about it. If I have to, I will find something to do to occupy my mind. Or come on here....anything. Now I am to the point I would be really pissed at myself if I cave. I just don’t give myself any opportunity to smoke.....I guess I just wanted to say I am right there with ya...it ain’t easy....

• Like 3

@Linda, I had a really hard first year but now in hindsight it was by my own doing. You have to remember you're not giving anything up, you are taking your life back! You can do it, you will do it and we'll be here talking you through the rough parts and celebrating your victories 🤗

Have you tried the tricks and clues we've given you? If one clue doesn't work try another, anything to keep that awesome quit you have. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Linda said:

Sorry I feel like such a whip. I know it is hard for everyone. 

Never apologize for saying what's on your mind.

The Quit Train was created by quitters for quitters.

If you have a question, feel free to ask.

If you have a concern, share it with the group.

If you need to let loose with a rant, let it rip.

We've all been where you are right now.  You're amongst friends here.

• Like 4

We have all been where you are Linda ....

It takes strength and commitment to Quit ....you are definitely not a wimp....

You should feel very proud ....

Every smoker deep down wants to be free....alot die without trying ....

Here is a pat on the back .

giphy-27.gif

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

We have all been where you are Linda ....

It takes strength and commitment to Quit ....you are definitely not a wimp....

You should feel very proud ....

Every smoker deep down wants to be free....alot die without trying ....

Here is a pat on the back .

giphy-27.gif

Thank you for the encouragement

• Like 2

@Linda These troubles your having will pass if you just hang in there long enough for your mind to adjust. Thinking about smoking is normal for any quitter. Those dark holes, or as I call it, brain fog will also pass as your mind adjusts to your new way of thinking.

I am very early in my quit and having these same problems.

We Can Do This!

• Like 2