Terrible Withdrawals

blissvixen

I have been smoking since I was 16 years old, I just turned 31 and decided for my new years resolution, I want to quit smoking! And so I did! It's almost been a month now of cigarette/weed/pot smoke Free! I'm having symptoms of angina (heart problems), weird dreams, almost every night and horrible insomnia! I've been trying to eat a healthy organic diet but have been having odd cravings but still sticking to a healthy diet! I wouldn't mind if I gained weight, because I am on the slender side but I am a healthy weight. I never had skin issues and still look fine but internally, I do not feel fine at all. Looking to chat with others, in similar situation as me? I live in Canada.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard our train full of quitters blissvixen and congratulations on almost a month smoke free, that's awesome! Everything you're experiencing is pretty normal but it never hurts to go in for a check up if you're particularly worried. As far as weird cravings, I've always listened to my body and give it what it craves. It's hard at work right now cleaning up the damage smoking caused so if it wants something sweet, eat something sweet. If it's tired, rest. You get the idea. Things will level out on their own the longer you stay quit :) 

We have a bunch of awesome members here and a great bunch of 2021 quit buddies for you so I hope you stick close and post often :) 

• Like 3

Welcome blissvixen.  Hang tough, you really have been through the tough part already.  The nicotine is out of your system.  Your addict brain is just messing with you.  Every time you power through your craves, the stronger you become.  Check in with your physician to make sure there aren't any health issues and give your body time to heal.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jillar said:

Welcome aboard our train full of quitters blissvixen and congratulations on almost a month smoke free, that's awesome! Everything you're experiencing is pretty normal but it never hurts to go in for a check up if you're particularly worried. As far as weird cravings, I've always listened to my body and give it what it craves. It's hard at work right now cleaning up the damage smoking caused so if it wants something sweet, eat something sweet. If it's tired, rest. You get the idea. Things will level out on their own the longer you stay quit :) 

We have a bunch of awesome members here and a great bunch of 2021 quit buddies for you so I hope you stick close and post often :) 

Thanks Jillar.. in that case, I'm going to eat what I want and not worry to much about diet. My main concern is my heart but I am having symptoms of 'Variant Angina' which my heart only hurts at night time (bedtime) and it is stressful, sleeping on the side doesn't help anymore, plopping up pillows doesn't help much either and I know the lack of sleep (insomnia) is making my heart worse... A joint would normally knock me out before bed but I haven't bought any after the new year and I don't plan on buying Anymore! I'm done and I want to stay clean, for myself most importantly. My heart is kind of hurting right now, as I type this but I have severe anxiety and my woman cycle just started this morning, so I'm all over the place. I'm hungry as well but scared to eat because of chest pain.. withdrawals are absurd.

3 minutes ago, Mee said:

Welcome blissvixen.  Hang tough, you really have been through the tough part already.  The nicotine is out of your system.  Your addict brain is just messing with you.  Every time you power through your craves, the stronger you become.  Check in with your physician to make sure there aren't any health issues and give your body time to heal.

Thanks Mee... I haven't had any health concern, until now, so I know for sure it is my anxiety and withdrawals, I just want to make sure I'm not alone. Did you have chest pain when you quit as well? How long ago did you quit?

7 minutes ago, jillar said:

Well I tell you @blissvixen you never want to ignore heart problems. I really would give your dr a call and get it checked out if for nothing else but peace of mind.

@jillar Ugh.. With the hospitals packed with corona virus, it's not something I want to do right now. If it gets severe, within next few days, I'll take the risk and go 😞

• Like 2

Welcome to QuitTrain, blissvixen, and congratulations on how far you have gone with your quit so far.

Insomnia can be quite common with quitters in their early stages.  There are other side effects that some people experience as well.  But you are doing a good thing in quitting.

I can't give you advice on heart issues, though.  I don't recall experiencing that.  I can understand your hesitancy in seeing a doctor during covid but if there is some way to discuss these issues with a medical professional virtually, I would suggest that.

Congrats again on your quit.  It is good to have you here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blissvixen said:

. Did you have chest pain when you quit as well? How long ago did you quit?

I have been quit 2 and 1/2 years.  I smoked for 42 years.  I also have anxiety issues and diagnosed with panic disorder.  Smoking does not help your anxiety and only makes it worse.  As you continue your quit, you will find improvement with your anxiety.  There is also medication you can take.  I have been on it for years.  It is far better to take medication than to smoke a joint to self medicate.  I think you definitely should consult a heart doctor because the heart is nothing to fool with.  Not smoking is the best thing to do for your health.  It does not take long being quit, before you start feeling the benefits.  Keep that wonderful quit going.

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Blissvixen, good to have you and congrats on the quit so far.  You will go thru many ups and downs but this one regarding possible heart issues is one you may want to check with your doctor on, maybe a telehealth consult.

• Like 3

Hello and welcome ....

Congratulations on your great quit ....

Your body is going through some massive changes ...it's been used to being fed Posion in a regular basis ..

It has to adjust to all the changes ...

I suffered with bad sleep pattern ..it took a while to settle down ...

I wouldn't worry about your weight ,that can be sorted once you have your killer addiction under control.

I understand your concerns with the virus ...

But maybe a phone conversation with your Doc ...just to ease your mind about your heart ...

We are here to help .....you can do this ....Be positive....

• Like 2

Welcome Blissvixen! Congratulations on stopping  smoking as it is one of the best decisions you will ever make for yourself! Do consult with a doctor as soon as possible, even if only virtually, about your chest pains. That will give you peace of mind and make it easier to stay quit. Great job kicking the nicotine!

• Like 1