Almost a week

Dogbelly

Tomorrow will be a full week without smoking. This morning smoking has been on my mind. I am not going to do it. It is not that I want to cave, it’s just on my mind. Weird. I think I need a slight diversion this morning. I suppose I can get off my ass and do something to occupy my myself. 

Anyway, hope everyone is doing well..........while I try and find some positive activity. Cheers

• Like 5

Yep, busy work to keep your mind busy. I found playing games was a great distraction for me so you might want to try our Social section if you need more things to keep your brain occupied 😊

• Like 3

Yeah good advice from you two. Today has been the worst so far. But it’s not to bad, meaning I can deal with it. I am off today, and just heading out to do some work on my Jeep. It’s a really nice day out and I can mill around outside doing something. Maybe BBQ this afternoon. Ok, I am off. See you. 

• Like 4

I thought about smoking a lot during the early days of my quit.  Might even say I obsessed over smoking.

No real harm in thinking about something.

The moment I quit fighting the thoughts and cravings was the moment I began to win the battle.

Thoughts come and go.  So long as you stay committed to the whole "don't stick anything in your mouth and light it on fire" rule, you're good to go.

• Like 4

Hi Angeleek,

Humdinger is a much more nice descriptor than I would use for today. I would not say I was cranky or anything, but I just thought about smoking a lot today. Seems like I ate a lot today.....lol

l will make it another day today, and look forward to making it another day tomorrow! 

I was just thinking I can’t expect every day to be easy on this adventure! LOL

I see your from Washington, that’s where I am originally from. I lived on Camano Island for 20 something years.......

Cheers....J

• Like 2