Still smoking!!!! :(

Kdad

Hi Kdad....

You need to go back to the very beginning ....

Pick a quit day ( today sounds good ).....

Read all the post,s that are green pinned on the main board ....

Watch all Joel video,s .....

Your missing something ....you still believe the cigerette offers you something....

You need to get your head in the right place ...take your seat ..buckle up ....and stay seated ...

You can do it ....you know you can ....only one rule ....Don't Smoke No Matter What ...

Take your daily pledge again ...to make it happen ....

• Like 7

Hey Kdad,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still smoking . Unfortunately there is not a lot we can do for you until you commit to not smoking ever again. This whole process must begin with you. I'm sorry to say but you will never quit for good until you're 100% ready too.

It's absolutely doable but you have to be ready, willing and able to give it a chance. I wish you good luck. When you're ready just grab a seat and we will support you all the way.

• Like 5

Hey kdad, you're a perfect example of why to keep your quit the first time. You just don't know how easy or hard the next quit will be and unfortunately for you this one is hard.

I agree to go back to basics. Pledge NOPE everyday, try using an air cigarette instead. Change up the times and places you usually smoke. Stick close to the board!

You have done it before so you can do it again...We're here for you 😊

• Like 7

Of course you can do this, Kdad.  Commit to taking it one day at a time and not smoking each day.  Realize that nothing good comes from smoking.

They cycle of quitting and relapsing is a tortuous one.  I know.  I did that too.  Quitting for good will give you freedom.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Kdad said:

I can't seem to shake it this time... HELP!!!

Quitting smoking has been done many times before.

The Quit Train is full of folks who quit.

I read a statistic that the number of ex-smokers in America outnumber Americans who still smoke.

"Can't" is not an option.  You can.

The choice is yours.  Choose wisely.

• Like 7

You must summon up the strength and determination to shake this nicodemon from your shoulder. You have to want it badly to do it.

Dont be weak and say you can’t.....Get Mad With It. You CAN.

Come on and snap out of these negative thoughts.
Hope you come back soon.

• Like 7

Hi @Kdad, I'm new around here, but I'm an old smoker who has quit numerous times. You will quit again; I did ten months ago. When you're ready to begin again, come and give the gang a holla so we can cheer you on. Don't be so hard on yourself; we’re all one puff away from where you are. Take care, 

Pat 

• Like 4

We all know how hard it is until you just DO IT.  Are you ready to breathe easier again?  If not, when do you think you will be? Don't wait 10 years like I did. That's a lot of time and money, not to mention lung health and the ability to breathe.  You can do it Kdad!

Edited by Angeleek
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Kdad, I remember you were doing so well back when I first joined in 2018! You had a little multicoloured wheel as your icon at the time lol. But hey ...

I caved in too buddy and fell off board myself. Felt a real disappointment, I'm back now though and on Day 3 again today, You CAN join me.

At least you've not lost all hope & want to still quit! Come on let's do it  

Rhino

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Hi Rhinodragon ...

Welcome back ...you seat is still here ....

Hopefully you have learned where it went wrong ....and will be in your guard this time ...

Never stick anything in your mouth and set fire to it !!!!

Lol Thanks D, yeah Silly mistake will NOT be made again for sure! Hope everyone's doing okay. Nice to see the QT family ☺️

Back for good now 

Rhino 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RhinoDragon said:

Kdad, I remember you were doing so well back when I first joined in 2018! You had a little multicoloured wheel as your icon at the time lol. But hey ...

I caved in too buddy and fell off board myself. Felt a real disappointment, I'm back now though and on Day 3 again today, You CAN join me.

At least you've not lost all hope & want to still quit! Come on let's do it  

Rhino

K Dad...

Why don't you take Rhino up on his offer ....

Come and take a seat here ....we are at your station ...jump on ...

• Like 6