Good Morning, well it is still morning here in CA

Dogbelly

Still doing good today, but I have been quite busy which helps. I am wondering how much time I spent smoking. It didn't seem like much while doing it. So I am changing my routine by not smoking and damn I have all this time. So apparently I was wasting a lot of time as I am a good time waster. For right now, the only time I think about smoking are the times I usually did it. Other than that, I really don't or haven't yet really wanted one. An example being, at 8AM I always went outside. So, of course I thought about a cigarette at 8AM. I just kept working and soon forgot. Anyway, I will quit another thing right now, rattling on about myself. lol Have a good day all. 

• Like 10

oh you would not believe the rituals I would go through to smoke. At work I would walk to my vehicle (which was in the next over parking lot, as no smoking on any part of the property where I work). Then I would put on the smoking sweatshirt, cause of course I would smell of smoke. Mints, maybe a spray of some smell stuff, and good to go. Pre-Covid, I may be in a smaller conference room or something with four or five people and the last thing I wanted was to smell of smoke. I am non-essential and can work from home so that made it pretty easy to smoke now......which is not a good thing either. 

Seriously, I kind of sneaked around like a 15 year old hiding your smoking from your mother. It really came to that. I don't know if any one else did that, but it is one of the reasons I said enough. That kind of behavior really is not me, but I guess an addict will do all kinds of things. cheers

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dogbelly said:

Seriously, I kind of sneaked around like a 15 year old hiding your smoking from your mother. It really came to that. I don't know if any one else did that, but it is one of the reasons I said enough. That kind of behavior really is not me, but I guess an addict will do all kinds of things. cheers

You'd be surprised at the number of us who did that, such a weight off your shoulders knowing you don't have to go through all that anymore!

• Like 3

@Dogbelly HI! and Welcome!

When I was young I never worried about smelling like smoke.  Then over the years smoking became less and less popular.  As I got older I just avoided people as much as possible. When I did have to talk to someone I distanced myself automatically. About the same as people are doing now with co-vid.  I would also hold my breath as I passed by people.

There are lots of people here that will help you with your quit! There is also a ton of information to read and videos to watch.  I see that you have already learned to change up your routine at the times you know you would have usually smoked. That's Great!

You Can Do This!

Edited by JH63
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Dogbelly said:

I was a complete closet smoker.  I was very humiliated by the fact that I smoked.  Many co-workers must of thought I was a snob because I was careful not to get too close after sneaking a smoke!  Over time, I opted to stay home rather than worry about sneaking a cigarette.  Freedom from this addiction is wonderful!

• Like 3

It wasn't until I quit ...I realized you carnt hide that smell...

No matter what steps we took to hide it ....we didn't .....

I can smell that horrible smell a mile away....

When I worked ,it took me all my break time to walk to a smoking area...have a fix ,then walk all the way back 

Most times standing in the pouring rain and wind ...

While others sat in the warm and had a nice calming cup of tea......

Crazy ....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

It wasn't until I quit ...I realized you carnt hide that smell...

No matter what steps we took to hide it ....we didn't .....

I can smell that horrible smell a mile away....

Same here.  It wasn't until after I quit that I realized I had reeked of smoke my entire adult life.

Never really paid attention to the odor when I was smoking.  Now I'm like a bloodhound when it comes to the smell of cigarettes.

It's good to be free...and not stinking is a nice bonus.

• Like 2

I too hated to offend coworkers or clients, so I would go through a whole routine to get the stink off me.  Coworkers said they couldn't smell me, but sometimes you could if you tried, especially on wet days. I never smoked in my apartment but I still found traces of offgas smell that permeates everything months after quitting.  The last couple years I would even do this coughing thing to empty my lungs before coming back inside. It really helped, but even the exhale and evaporation from the body while you sleep permeates everything after a while. So glad that's all gone now.

Edited by Angeleek
  • Like 2