Welcome 2021 Quitters!

jillar

Its so awesome to see so many new members ready to take back their life. Being a part of your journey helps me to never forget where I came from. Its the reason I'm here everyday. 

Being able to quit an addiction none of us thought we could is life changing really. You free up so much more time, you're present for the moments. You never have to say "what'd I miss" again because you were gone smoking. Your hands and feet are warmer, your gums and tongue are pink again. You smell better, you have more money, the list goes on and on....

I hope you guys take advantage of all the support and resources we have available here for you. If you truly want to succeed then the best advice I can give you is to listen to the clues from members who have gone before you. If one clue doesn't work so good try another. What helps one person may not help another. Learn from our mistakes and learn our clues that led to our success. 

So again, welcome aboard and see you on the board 😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Welcome to all the most recent quitters. Remember, you deserve to have a happy and healthy life. Believe in yourself and have faith that you can overcome anything. Plus, we as a group will be with you the whole way.

• Like 6

I'm Happy to be here!  I appreciate the advice I get from all of you!

I even like getting called on my own BS from time to time.  It makes me think about what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. 

I was told that I wasn't ready to quit.  That was true!

I was told I needed to sh*t or get off the pot. That was true!

And I have been told other things here that make me think, opens my eyes and mind to the reality of what quitting smoking is really about. What it requires from me!

There are no magic tricks!

I'm partially on the train, with one leg still dragging along the tracks.  If I'm not careful my leg will get caught under the wheels and drag me back off. Maybe killing me!

Well enough about that! I'm working day 15. I've had several days of mental fog. Like being in a dark place! But I know from past experience the fog will lift in time. I just have keep my guard up. Have a Great Day!

Edited by JH63
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, JH63 said:

And I have been told other things here that make me think, opens my eyes and mind to the reality of what quitting smoking is really about. What it requires from me!

There are no magic tricks!

No magic tricks required.  Quitting smoking is a simple process.

Commit to the process.  Trust the process.

• Like 6

Good morning all,

I would like to say thanks to all for the advice and encouragement. It’s kind of fun documenting and sharing this quilting adventure. It helps. 

Today I will keep busy, but doing things I like to do, not work crap. Lol

Other than that, looking forward to making another day without a cigarette. Again, thanks for everyone’s support and encouragement.

• Like 4

Thanks Doreen. Oh by the way Mac#23, obviously a Bills fan, right now I am very close to Josh Allens home town. Firebaugh, CA. It is a little po-dunk town out in the Central Valley. I am down here as today we are going to take a Jeep trail that is to the west of Firebaugh on BLM land called Griswald Hills. It’s really beautiful and there is a old mine and  shut down processing plant up there. They mined mercury and asbestos up there I think! Anyway, will be a good diversion to smoking....cheers

• Like 4