Just joined! On day 3.

ItsDeb

Aw thanks,  Jillar! I am feeling tons better today. Doctor said I had exacerbated COPD. Gave me a shot in the butt and 5 days of prednisone and an antibiotic. Breathing much better and less wheeze and cough. Looking forward to that improving over the next few days.  I'm still a non smoker! Day 7!! Still getting regular cravings but shifting thought process and tasks and moving thru them.  

• Like 6

That's Great News!  I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! 

I somewhat understand what you are going through. My wife has had chronic bronchitis for about eight years (OPD). She uses an inhaler daily. When she gets really sick, she also has to take antibiotics and prednisone. Several times she has been given so much prednisone that she gets real puffed up and it can take months for her to get back to normal. She has never smoked, the doctors tell her that her attacks are triggered by allergies. Mostly certain types of mold. It's rough at times.

Well, it's day seven for us.  We can do this!

Jeff

• Like 4

@ItsDeb Just wanted to let you know that I am still here and taking it a day at a time. Today was full of cravings, but I fought them off one by one. I hope that you are feeling better and still on track with your quit!

Jeff

• Like 6

Quit buddies are so important, at least they were for me :)  You guys should REALLY look into making yourself a ticker for your signature. Aren't you at all curious at all the money and cigarettes NOT smoked you've saved in just a week quit? I was and I still love mine :) 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, catlover said:

I’m clicking on the ticker tab above, nothing is happening!!! Maybe it’s because I’m on my iPad. Can never do anything on this, will try later on my laptop.  Thanks Jillar x

I don’t have an arrow by my name either!

Try this :) https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/

• Like 1

Hi @Judi, congratulations on 15 days quit already, that's fantastic! You'll get all the support you need here so please shout out if you have any questions or comments or just want to vent. Most of us are long time smokers so if we can succeed anyone can :) 

Be sure to check out all our forums too. Lot's to do to educate yourself about are addiction or just take you're mind off quitting while still being close in our Social section :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard Judi,

Congratulations on your 15 day quit. Knowledge is power so make sure to check out all the articles and videos on this site. We are here to support you all the way so don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Plus, don't forget to Nope daily.

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Judi....

Congratulations on your two week quit ....brilliant ...

I was a 52 years smoker ...I carnt tell you enough how wonderful it feels to be free..

Read all you can ,start on the main Discussion Board ...all the post you need to get going are pinned with a green square ...

You can do it !!!

• Like 5

Hi Deb,

Congratulations on your commitment to quit smoking!  It's not easy but it can be done.  Just like you said, take it one day at a time.  Eventually you'll wonder why you even smoked in the first place.  It just takes time.

Mona

• Like 2

On 1/13/2021 at 2:15 PM, Judi said:

I’m new too.  I’m on Day 15 after 62 years a smoker.  Oh Dear, Isn’t going to be easy.

Hi Judi.  Welcome, I just noticed you have joined.  Put all the negatives away because you can do this.  The more you power through your craves, the stronger you will get.  Stay close and make us your new obsession.  There is lots of support and friendship here!  You can do this.

• Like 4