New here. Day 2

Carla

Welcome to QuitTrain, @Carla

You are doing a great thing by quitting smoking.  Stick close to this site.  Read up on the posts and videos about nicotine addiction and reach out for support as you need it.  Educating yourself about nicotine addiction (your enemy) and receiving support from others who have gone through what you are going through really helps.

Life is better without cigarettes.

Welcome again.  It is good to have you here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard our train of quitters Carla and congratulations on taking back your life once and for all! Our forum is a one stop shop for support from fellow quitters from all over the world to help you along your way as well as tons of threads and videos about our addiction so be sure to check out all we have to offer. 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you. I am really glad to have found this forum. 
have been watching Joel’s videos. Learning a lot. 
it’s funny because I have spent years actively avoiding learning about nicotine addiction and quitting smoking information. 
last year a family member was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer and then he quit smoking. I have wanted to quit for a year but could never put down the cigarette. 
Now day 2 and it’s not easy but it isn’t as hard as I feared. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Carla said:

glad to be here. 

We're glad to have you here.  Welcome aboard the Quit Train Carla.

Quitting smoking is one of the best things you will ever do for yourself.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Carla!  So glad you found this forum.  A Smoking addiction is such a terrible waste of money and life.  I smoked for 42 years before I landed here and was able to quit.  Stay close to the forum and get to know the wonderful people here.  We all would love to see you find your way to freedom.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard ...

Congratulations ....you are taking your life back ....from this horrible killer addiction....

Take your time to get familiar with the board ...there is a ton of info here ...

Know your enemy.....

We are here to help you through your journey ....let's go.....All the way to FREEDOM....!!!!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Carla said:

New here and today is day 2. Smoked since I was 15. Am 41 now. 
quit for 2 years before (2011-2013) when I had my daughter and then started again. 
glad to be here. 

Welcome aboard and congratulations, Carla! Good that you're watching Joel's videos because you'll continue to add to your chest of knowledge as well as keep your mind occupied. Always focus on the positive. Keep your quit separate and protect it from from everything else in your life. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1