12/27 is my ***official*** quit date

Fluffy....

Those that stay close here....are the ones most likely to succeed.....

Talking and taking part is the way the Train  runs smoothly....don't forget you are already helping someone else who may follow ....

Your doing great.....

I was on the forum 24/7 .....😁👍🐸

• Like 4

Day 3 = DONE. 

i am going to reward myself with 20 minutes of nobody around me and a melatonin to knock me out 

poppins.gif

thank you guys! I couldn't have done it without you

seriously i've  been trying to quit for a while and never really made any progress at all
Like at all

Edited by Fluffyyellowduck
  • Like 4

Haha! Thanks, @Boo!

My patience was just tested for about the last hour. 

Fire alarm goes off. Happens at least 2-3 times a year. For some reason the kids around here are notorious for pulling the alarm. (lack of supervision, I guess) Well I still gotta get out. 

So my 4'11 body/98 lb body has to haul out two kids, a german shepherd, and six cats within a couple minutes to sit outside on the curb until the problem goes away. I don't make it. I get three cats. I have no idea where the others are but I can't very well let my kids hang outside alone with my neighbors (because I don't trust nobody and I'm not taken my chances!)

My neighbors are out and they start telling me "Someone pulled the alarm ahain." Well, when someone pulls the alarm it usually stops in a couple of minutes but it continued. So at this point I'm panicking about all of the things I have to manage, the three cats I didn't get. Eventually the manager comes and lets me know, "Fire department said it's clear. It's okay."  BUT IT STILL WAS GOING. You can't just take in a bunch of animals into a room with a screeching alarms they'll freak out. So I kept waiting, along with everyone else, and eventually the fireman himself told me "Sorry just trying to find the right key" and so FINALLY AFTER 30 MINUTES, with my farm on the curb, it finally shut off. 

I got tight chest and I knew my quit was being tested but I stuck to it. 

On an awkward note... I went back out to take out the trash and I realized that people had been looking at me odd. (Except my neighbors who stop by to say something every now and then.) Then I realized.. 

I was wearing pants outside because it was an emergency. Now I'm basically an anabaptist and I look like a Mennonite but I always thought I was being a little bit sneaky about it by removing my covering before I went out to smoke (cause of the shame) and now I just went out there as a normal lookin' person with straight pants, boots, and a wool cardigan and crazy long hair all over the place.

You ever see those videos where the baby is all happy about seeing their daddy and then daddy shaves their beard and then baby is wide-eyed and freaked out? That happened.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Fluffyyellowduck said:

I was wearing pants outside because it was an emergency. Now I'm basically an anabaptist and I look like a Mennonite but I always thought I was being a little bit sneaky about it by removing my covering before I went out to smoke (cause of the shame) and now I just went out there as a normal lookin' person with straight pants, boots, and a wool cardigan and crazy long hair all over the place.

You ever see those videos where the baby is all happy about seeing their daddy and then daddy shaves their beard and then baby is wide-eyed and freaked out? That happened.

I'm not laughing at the situation but this is too funny!  I would be freaking if this happened so much.  Fluffyduck, you sure have a house full!

Great job not caving to the stress!

Edited by Mee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1st few days of quit are the hardest .

I think you have already conquered those hardest days without smoking .

After 2 weeks i am sure you will have enough experience and will power to overcome your cravings .

Train yourself to make your quit stronger and stronger

Sorry for my bad english , i am from south india

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Sunshine59 said:

1st few days of quit are the hardest .

I think you have already conquered those hardest days without smoking .

After 2 weeks i am sure you will have enough experience and will power to overcome your cravings .

Train yourself to make your quit stronger and stronger

Sorry for my bad english , i am from south india

Thank you! I think today is actually the hardest day for me because it is the end of the year. That is disappointing for me. I expect better things by the end. I can't really explain it, but I'm pushing through it as much as I can and then I'll let it end and get pizza, and then I might take a break from the internet for a while. I'll probably come back.

I woke up every hour last night just thinking that I should just smoke but I cried all the night through instead and didn't. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Fluffyyellowduck said:

then I might take a break from the internet for a while. I'll probably come back

We really recommend sticking close for the first full year of your quit just so you can get passed most of the triggers the year can bring so please reconsider taking a break until you're more secure with your quit...

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, jillar said:

We really recommend sticking close for the first full year of your quit just so you can get passed most of the triggers the year can bring so please reconsider taking a break until you're more secure with your quit...

I will try and if I need to I can come back at any time. I'll still have WiFi, but in the worst case I can set up notifications and those emails get sent to my flip phone so I'll still be a little bit close :D  I can check in, too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Fluffyyellowduck said:

My neighbors are out and they start telling me "Someone pulled the alarm ahain." Well, when someone pulls the alarm it usually stops in a couple of minutes but it continued. So at this point I'm panicking about all of the things I have to manage, the three cats I didn't get. Eventually the manager comes and lets me know, "Fire department said it's clear. It's okay."  BUT IT STILL WAS GOING. You can't just take in a bunch of animals into a room with a screeching alarms they'll freak out. So I kept waiting, along with everyone else, and eventually the fireman himself told me "Sorry just trying to find the right key" and so FINALLY AFTER 30 MINUTES, with my farm on the curb, it finally shut off. 

Baptism by fire alarm.

You were tested.  You passed the test.

Good job.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Why are you taking a break so early in your fragile quit Fluffy ...????

Reading your past posts ,you should stay close ....

I thought about it for a while and I decided I deleted my other accounts (Skype, YouTube, or whatever!) but I'll keep this one open and stay. It gives me peace of mind to unplug every once in a while. 

But I'll stay here

That makes ya'll my special lil' cupcakes

gif1.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1