new Quit...again

SneakyTurtle

I quit last Tuesday at 5:40pm. I can't believe it's been almost a week already. I feel so much better than any other quit really. This just feels right. I've had very, very little cases of junkie thinking, which I feel is usually my downfall. I'm usually constantly talking myself in and out of starting back up, it's exhausting. Sometimes I go hours without even thinking about smoking and that didn't happen this early in any quit attempt. I've been able to better enjoy the positives. Like the increase in smell and taste. The smell can be a negative at times, but for the most part, it's fantastic. I smell my soap and shampoo ALL day instead of stale smoke. I've gotten rid of any face mask from smoking days, because well, now I can smell how bad they got.

Of course my friends are skeptical and not really that supportive because I have tried to quit so many times in the past. That's okay, I still have plenty of support. Haters gonna hate! I feel like non-smokers just don't understand and smokers can be jealous. My girlfriend has not really been around for serious quit attempts and is very supportive. 

I said at 2 weeks I would get my car detailed, but I am hoping to actually do it this weekend, a few days before 2 weeks. I just want it clean and smelling nice. I've certainly saved enough money to have it done. 

Good luck to all others. Happy to be back. 

Edited by SneakyTurtle
  • Like 6

Welcome back aboard sneaky turtle and congratulations on a week quit. That's huge! Its great when you decide "this is the one". It makes quitting so much easier when you realize you're not missing out on a single thing by smoking!

If you get a chance maybe you want to add a ticker to your signature so you can see just how much money, time and cigarettes NOT smoked you've saved since quitting. I loved logging on every morning to look at my stats.

Here's the ticker link in case you're interested 😊 

https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/

• Like 3

Glad to see you have taken your seat sneaky turtle ...

Congratulations on your great quit ...your already on your way ....

It's all about the Attitude....Positive thinking every step of the way ....

Your claiming your life back ,from this horrible killer addiction ...so yes it's all positive ...

Re read all you can here ..watch the video,s ...there is so much info here ...

Our daily NOPE ...great tool ...

When I read Take Smoking Off the Table ...No matter what ...my junkie brain took that on board ..

I carnt smoke ...full stop...

You will get tons of support here ...that very important part in the back ...after all ..what your doing is kinda 

Wonderful !!!

giphy-27.gif

• Like 4

Welcome aboard Sneaky Turtle good to have you along for the ride.  It looks like you have a good attitude towards this quit and have lots of positive thinking going for you at this time, remember this it will do you well in the future to fight the negative thoughts.  You are moving  in the right direction, keep strong!!!!

• Like 5

Welcome back SneakyTurtle.  Congratulations on one week of freedom.

3 hours ago, SneakyTurtle said:

I feel so much better than any other quit really. This just feels right. I've had very, very little cases of junkie thinking, which I feel is usually my downfall. I'm usually constantly talking myself in and out of starting back up, it's exhausting. Sometimes I go hours without even thinking about smoking and that didn't happen this early in any quit attempt. I've been able to better enjoy the positives. 

Sounds like you're in the right place mentally and physically now.  You can ride that wave of momentum all the way to a lifetime of freedom from cigarettes.

Onward and upward.

• Like 5

Welcome back, SneakyTurtle.  I am glad you are quitting again and congratulations on a week quit.

Stick around.  There is a lot of support and knowledge you can gain here to help you stay quit for good.

Nothing good comes from smoking.  It is all bad.  That might not sound believable at this stage in your quit but it is true.  Adhere to NOPE (Not One Puff Ever, even at one day at a time) and you will get there.  A smoke free life is freedom.

• Like 1

Still going! I am on Day 10 now. I am still amazed by how great I feel. 

I did tell my girlfriend yesterday that I was tired of not smoking. She asked if I was really going to buy smokes. I said No, because I might be tired of it, but I was definitely more tired of smoking. I don't want to have to quit ever again. I know I feel great right now, but I've had many quit attempts that I did not and I struggled until I felt I HAD to go back (junkie thinking got me.) I'm certainly not going to throw this one away. Then it was years before I would even try to quit again.

I have sleep apnea pretty bad. I went to the DR and should be using a Cpap but I just couldn't get used to it. I knew if I lost weight and quit smoking, I would probably not need it. That was years ago and I did neither. I had zero energy to exercise and any time I tried to quit smoking, I just slept (and ate) even more than before. This time I have an abundance of energy. I am more active, I get up in the morning without snoozing 5 times and being late, I stay awake through movies in the evening, and I want to keep that going. 

So after thinking about what I said, no I am not tired anymore! I am the opposite of tired and I like it. 

• Like 3

Welcome and keep up the great work:  remaining smoke-free will transform your life!  

I'll just strike another note, though...since you're feeling so good right now, use this time to identify some concrete strategies/actions in which you'll engage if things turn a bit.  When you're in the midst of that turn, it can sometimes be a bit overwhelming and your perspective can narrow, so it's good to plan now when you're doing well.  I'm a big advocate of naming specific actions for yourself because, for many of us, just telling oneself to "think positively" isn't enough (and can sometimes seem impossible) during the most difficult stretches of recovery.  That's especially the case as one begins to lose the initial thrill or adrenaline of the newer quit.     

Here's hoping you won't experience any of those stretches, but you can be ready for them if they materialize.  

Best,

Christian99

19 Years Quit 

• Like 1

Yahoo....Sneaky T.....

You've got 10 days ...that's amazing ...all the nicotine is gone from your body ...all you have to do is keep it that way ...feel very proud ...

Good to hear,You listened to your voice of reason ...you would have hated yourself ,and wished you back to,

your Quit ...

My sleep was off for a while ...I was here 24/7....,but soon enough it got better ...

Remember everything your feeling is Temporary....as long as you don't smoke that is ..

Upwards and onwards !!!

• Like 2

Keep that attitude Sneaky Turtle.  I think addressing my self esteem, played a big part in my success in quitting.  I had long given up on myself because I felt hopelessly addicted to smoking and worthless.  Those feeling then spilled over into many aspects of my life and gave me the excuse to keep smoking.  The friendships I gained here was my turning point.  They made me realize that I was so worth the quit.  As those quit days accumulate the more powerful you become.  You can be stronger than those craves.    

• Like 3

Maybe it will encourage you to go look at some of @Mee earliest threads of her journey. It's very inspirational as well as @MLMR. It was reading posts from members who had long quits that helped me in my early days.... These two really struggled in the beginning and are now reaping the rewards of staying the distance...........

• Like 1

I was being a bit flippant in my first response, but Jillar's response to that showed that it's just insensitive. Clearly not what I needed to hear or wanted to hear. Bringing someone else's journey up is one thing, but to actually respond to someone else in that way is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm not saying that people here are not helpful. I will absolutely post when I need help, as I am sure I will. I've been around here and other sites long enough to know a lot of people here. I think of Jillar every time I or someone else mentions an air cigarette. We chatted many, many times. That was one of my best and most fun quits. haha. 

I am not saying that everyone here is not trying to help. I do however think that some things should be avoided, especially in someone's early quit. Like I said, I was being flippant at first, but did not expect the reaction I received after that. I was also arguing a bit with my girlfriend at the time and thought about the combination and maybe I should just smoke so I don't flip out on people. Doh! But really, I've been so good, I am not going down that easily. 

• Like 1