Becoming an EX Smoker

k.smooth

Welcome aboard K.smooth and great decision to quit smoking. There's a ton of different things you can do your first days. Stop smoking in the areas and times you normally would. This will help you to disassociate these areas and hopefully avoid a crave going in them.

You may also want to stock up on fruit juice or water and most of us craved sweets in our early days. I was hooked on soft peppermint puffs my whole first year lol.

Anyway, we have a ton of great info about our addiction addressing just about everything you could want to know. I'd start with the pinned topics in our main forum. We also have a great video forum if that's more your thing. 

Lastly, stick close to the forum for a while. We are here to support you in your journey so if you feel you're going to cave to a crave use our SOS forum and wait for three replies. Members will be there to help you through it 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard the train K.smooth. You have just landed in the best support group for non smokers. We will support you the whole way. There are plenty of videos and articles to help you along the way. So, kick the habit and jump on the train.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jillar said:

Welcome aboard K.smooth and great decision to quit smoking. There's a ton of different things you can do your first days. Stop smoking in the areas and times you normally would. This will help you to disassociate these areas and hopefully avoid a crave going in them.

You may also want to stock up on fruit juice or water and most of us craved sweets in our early days. I was hooked on soft peppermint puffs my whole first year lol.

Anyway, we have a ton of great info about our addiction addressing just about everything you could want to know. I'd start with the pinned topics in our main forum. We also have a great video forum if that's more your thing. 

Lastly, stick close to the forum for a while. We are here to support you in your journey so if you feel you're going to cave to a crave use our SOS forum and wait for three replies. Members will be there to help you through it 😊

Thanks so much @jillar 😊looking forward to the support, I know it won’t be an easy one but it’s great to know I have you & the forum! Wish me luck in the morning since it’s my start date 😎

• Like 4

Welcome on board k.smooth ....

Glad you found us ...

This place is full of great information to get you going ....

On the main Smoking board ,we have threads that are pinned in green ,great place to start ...also watch all Joel's video,s they cover most of your concerns ...

We have a daily NOPE thread ...not one puff ever ....this is a powerful tool ...make that promise every day .

We are a family ...and care about our members ...and will help you every step of the way .

Also we can have fun .quitting doesn't have to be all doom and gloom....

It's all to do with Attitude...stay positive ...after all...what your going to achieve is flippin marvelous...

You can do it .....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Woke up this morning with an urge but stayed positive and grabbed a dum dum lollipop I had leftover from Halloween 😬 seems to help very much

any other ideas or morning routines anyone can share? Morning and nights seem to be the hardest but so far it’s almost lunchtime and I been smoke free for a few hours 😆😎

• Like 4

I suggest you change up the way you go about your morning and night routines. For example, if you usually get up and drink coffee before you shower and have breakfast. Then I suggest you take a shower first then eat breakfast and have some coffee. The thought process is to start a new routine that doesn't involve smoking. This will make things easier for you going forward. You can do this with any regular routine that you associated with smoking to trick your brain into a new normal routine. Stick tight to all the forums during your quit. Maybe even play a few games on here to help pass the time.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I logged onto my board first thing every morning while I waited for my coffee. If you've never smoked inside, that's awesome and shouldn't cause any bad cravings. I loved logging in everyday to see what my ticker was up to. I highly recommend getting one for your signature https://www.quittrain.com/tickers/  You'll be able to watch all the time, cigarettes NOT smoked and money saved since you quit 😊

I also used an air cigarette we lovingly call my JAC for bad craves. I couldn't believe how well it worked at tricking my mind into thinking it was getting the real thing. Some use cut straws or pens but mine was invisible so I never had to worry about forgetting where I put it 😋

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You have been given great advice ....change your routine totally ...if you smoked with that first coffee...

Drink fresh juice ....soon the new routine will become the Norm ....

Come here and throw a pledge in ...make that promise ....and be kind to yourself ....

Congratulations your on your Journey ..this train goes all the way to Freedom !!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I also stayed close to the forum.  My new friends here boosted my confidence and kept me laughing.  They showed me that I was stronger than my crave and so worth a life of freedom from smoking.  Keep that wonderful quit going.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the Quit Train K.smooth.  Good call on giving up the smokes.

I don't have much to add to the advice you've already been given, but I will say this: keep it simple.  Quitting smoking is simple.  Challenging but simple.  You don't have to do anything.  Just don't put anything in your mouth and light it on fire.

There are two rules for a successful quit: (1) DON'T SMOKE and (2) If you have any further questions, refer back to rule number 1.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Morning k- smooth ....

How,s it going ????....

Take some time today going for a nice walk ...take in all that lovely fresh air ...

The first thing to come back alive usually is your nose ....

Don't forget your NOPE.....😁🐸

Thank you!!! 😎

• Like 3