HELP!!!!!!

Kdad

Oh no Kdad.  I always looked at you as my quit buddy.  We quit about the same time.  You have to just stop.  I know life sucks right now with covid, but don't let it pull you down.  Now is not the time to have unhealthy lungs.   Concentrate on how wonderful and less costly it was when you were quit.  I hope to see you noping again and coming here for support.  We are hear for you.

• Like 8

Aw man kdad, sorry to read you relapsed. Like mee said, stick close and get back to the basics of quitting 101. You've been through this part before so you already know that this bad crave WILL pass and you also know you can do this!

• Like 5

You've done it before successfully so you KNOW you can do it again. Work on getting your mindset straight and aimed at another run for the quit. Don't dwell in the past or feel sorry for yourself because of what happened and don't let that affect your energy for this next quit but never forget what it was that pushed you to start again. I suspect complacency or romancing the cigarette and figuring you could have just one for old time sake? Whatever it was it's done now. Time to move forward. You know there's only ever one rule ..... NOPE!

• Like 7

I'm sorry to hear this, Kdad.  There really is NOTHING good that comes from smoking but it is, obviously, super addictive.  That is why NOPE is the way to go.  You really have to adhere to that.  One puff screws everything up.

You can't do anything about the past, though.  Focus on quitting for good now.  You were successful for 2 years so this is the time to quit for good.

Read back up on nicotine addiction here and participate.  Please reach out here and post an SOS if you are about to smoke.  Life is much better without cigarettes but it does take commitment.  You can do this!

• Like 7

Sorry to hear that you relapsed Kdad.  I did the same thing a couple of years ago after just over two years quit.  This addiction sucks!  You can never allow yourself to become complacent.  Just do whatever you have to do to stay quit.  I had a very difficult time sticking with cold turkey the second time around.  The patch ended up helping me to get over the hump but I wasted way too much time before I tried it.  No smoke!!

• Like 5

As all have said -- You can do this, you have done so in the past.  Focus on the here and now and remember that you are building for the future.  You had a good quit so you know the benefits and the overall better feelings that you had, remember those and build on those.  I quit a few months before you and just this last January I left the board for awhile.  I saw myself becoming complacent and cigarettes were calling me back strongly, I fought hard not to start again and was able to keep my quit.  I realized that I needed to come back here if nothing else for the NOPE page to keep me grounded.  I am glad that you came back -- I know that you can do this -- Keep Strong!!!

• Like 7

Aww kdad.....

Really sad to read this ....you had a fine quit going there .....

I'm still ready to hear a relasper say they are happy and content ....

Glad to see you have jumped back on .....

Learn by this ....know your danger spots ....be ready next time ....

As Jane says ...Elephant butt....who wants breath that smelly ?????

Stay close to the Train ....

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Martian5 said:

As all have said -- You can do this, you have done so in the past.  Focus on the here and now and remember that you are building for the future.  You had a good quit so you know the benefits and the overall better feelings that you had, remember those and build on those.  I quit a few months before you and just this last January I left the board for awhile.  I saw myself becoming complacent and cigarettes were calling me back strongly, I fought hard not to start again and was able to keep my quit.  I realized that I needed to come back here if nothing else for the NOPE page to keep me grounded.  I am glad that you came back -- I know that you can do this -- Keep Strong!!!

Well done Martian for fighting to keep your fabulous Quit ....

Good to see you back ...we did miss you !!!

• Like 4

What, exactly, do you think it is that we can help with? 

HINT: Nothing. We can't help. 
You must do this yourself. 
Nothing we can say to you here will "help" you beyond what you are willing to do for yourself. 
What are you willing to do? 
Are you willing to quit? 

Sarge doesn't think so ... 

EZPZ

• Like 1

Hi Kdad! Sorry to hear you started back up smoking.  Good news is you can quit again! You don't wanna waste another year's breath on smoking when you want to preserve it for your kids and grandkids, right? You know you can quit, so might as well do it ASAP. All the best!

• Like 6

I'm so Sorry to read about your relapse kdad. I also remember how bad I felt when i lost a previous 2 year+ quit. I was devastated and hated every minute smoking  those filthy things. Unfortunately or fortunately whichever way you want to look at it, it's not the same enjoyment as it once was.  Once you have tasted freedom, you are desperate to keep it for many reasons, health, wealth, grand kids etc.

Please get back on the train as soon as you can. Vote for your health and wealth and grand kids.

I hope you are back soon with renewed energy and determination to kick this horrible addiction to the kerb.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kdad said:

I feel weak and overpowered...

Of course you do, we all feel weak in our addiction...but remember the power you felt in your quit? Remember the strength you found with in yourself? You can't listen to the nicotine receptors; they are full power right now telling you all the lies. " You're weak, you're overpowered, you can't quit again...who care? Why try?" These are the lies of the demon.

You, my friend, are much stronger; I know! We've watched you climb the rope before, we remember the warrior in you.

Yes, the task may seem more daunting (if you keep looking back), the land ahead may seem to stretch for miles, but wouldn't you rather strap on your boots and walk it than sit on your ass and cry?

The kdad I know would.

• Like 6

I'm sorry to hear about your relapse kdad but it's time to get back on the train. There is no time to dwell on what happened. It's time is to kick that nasty habit to the curb. You've done it before and you certainly can do it again. Everyone makes mistakes in life but what defines us is how we learn and grow from them. We are here for you during this journey so take your seat.

• Like 4

Welcome back Kdad! Stick around for the support you'll need in the early days. Read all you can and use any appropriate videos as motivation. You can do this and let that relapse act as a reminder of just how precious yet vulnerable our quits are. Make this one the forever quit you deserve!

• Like 6

Time to get your head back in the game kdad. Change your quit date, reset your ticker. And make sure to look at your ticker before you reset it so you can see just how far you were and set that as your goal to get back to. Once you get back to that just keep on going :) 

• Like 5