Who Would You Leave Behind?

Tink

OK this is a little morbid and deep but I was thinking about it:

Yesterday I spent  a lovey day with my niece who pretty much is as close as a daughter can get to me and I was thinking what would her life be like without me in it?

I lost my dad to lung cancer when he was 49 he has never met 2 of his grand daughters, a grandson a great grand daughter and more to come I am sure ;)

he never gave my sisters away at their weddings

I know this has affected these people sure life goes on but there is always something missing - a piece of the puzzle

This just re- affirmed my quit as I will never leave her intentionally I will not throw myself under that smoking bus

The ugly truth is smoking will eventually make you ill or kill you maybe not today maybe not tomorrow  but it will eventually catch up with you

WHO WOULD YOU LEAVE BEHIND?

• Like 5

La Bandita!

without me - she would have none to drive her up the wall, round the corner and back down the wall again.

Oh - and the Dog would miss the walks.

For me - its me. All me.

I got stuff I want to do - and killing myself is not on that list.

Grudgingly - I accept that I might die one day - and I try to live like every day is my last - but why on earth would I want to spend time choking myself?

Been there - done that.

• Like 2

We all die. Might die tomorrow, maybe even in the next hour by some freak occurrence. You can't dwell on it. It'll drive you nuts.

Regardless of who you may leave behind you just have to live your life as positive as possible and make positive differences to as many as possible.

Now, I don't believe in any afterlife or deity so this is the only chance I've got, so do as much good as you can. Once I'm done I'd like my body to be harvested for anything useful, take my heart, kidneys, liver... lungs probably aren't so good... then pop me in a sack and plant a tree on me so by decaying remains can feed it. Seems pretty fair to me.

I think people would miss me. I won't be looking down watching them from a cloud, but as long as they remember me for positive reasons I'll be alive in their memories, which, is about the best you ask for.

• Like 6

We all die. Might die tomorrow, maybe even in the next hour by some freak occurrence. You can't dwell on it. It'll drive you nuts.

Regardless of who you may leave behind you just have to live your life as positive as possible and make positive differences to as many as possible.

Now, I don't believe in any afterlife or deity so this is the only chance I've got, so do as much good as you can. Once I'm done I'd like my body to be harvested for anything useful, take my heart, kidneys, liver... lungs probably aren't so good... then pop me in a sack and plant a tree on me so by decaying remains can feed it. Seems pretty fair to me.

I think people would miss me. I won't be looking down watching them from a cloud, but as long as they remember me for positive reasons I'll be alive in their memories, which, is about the best you ask for.

Brilliant.

• Like 1

I got teary reading that. Beautiful

I been good for long time although I really am more mischievous than pure bad. Definately not evil so I was hoping God (I do believe in the afterlife) won't let too many be upset by my leaving. Hoping most laugh or smile when I am thought of. But also going to ask if I can occasionally come back and haunt a couple people or just move some things around to freak people out. Get their dogs to growl at the wall or cats to poop outside the box.

Glad I do get a second chance otherwise they would have to bury me face down in a raincoat from all the women squatting on my grave and relieving themselves.

• Like 1

I am not scared to die, I have looked at it so I know. But....

I am scared to miss things from my girls.

Your post rings my bell so to speak.

My Nan, emysema. My Uncle (like a dad) lung cancer. My mum, already has copd. I had cervical cancer and am not risking anything more.

We will stand together for those we love :)  No more!! Nope.

xx

• Like 1

I am a bit of a loner so really I think all I would leave behind is the hb and my yorkie. And he'd get over it quicker'n you could say 'Jack Robinson.' (The dog, not the hb.)

I am just terrified of death, but I have a lot of people I have been waiting a very long time to talk to again when I go. It's going to be a grand party.

• Like 5

I been good for long time although I really am more mischievous than pure bad. Definately not evil so I was hoping God (I do believe in the afterlife) won't let too many be upset by my leaving. Hoping most laugh or smile when I am thought of. But also going to ask if I can occasionally come back and haunt a couple people or just move some things around to freak people out. Get their dogs to growl at the wall or cats to poop outside the box.

Glad I do get a second chance otherwise they would have to bury me face down in a raincoat from all the women squatting on my grave and relieving themselves.

you never let me down...roflmao.gif

• Like 1

OK this is a little morbid and deep but I was thinking about it:

Yesterday I spent  a lovey day with my niece who pretty much is as close as a daughter can get to me and I was thinking what would her life be like without me in it?

I lost my dad to lung cancer when he was 49 he has never met 2 of his grand daughters, a grandson a great grand daughter and more to come I am sure ;)

he never gave my sisters away at their weddings

I know this has affected these people sure life goes on but there is always something missing - a piece of the puzzle

This just re- affirmed my quit as I will never leave her intentionally I will not throw myself under that smoking bus

The ugly truth is smoking will eventually make you ill or kill you maybe not today maybe not tomorrow  but it will eventually catch up with you

WHO WOULD YOU LEAVE BEHIND?

Tracey, your post brought me to tears this morning...and I know who I would leave...but I cannot write about it.  It is too painful.  I am like you, we usually choose humor.  So just saying....love you, mean it!

• Like 2

Tracey, your post brought me to tears this morning...and I know who I would leave...but I cannot write about it.  It is too painful.  I am like you, we usually choose humor.  So just saying....love you, mean it!

hugs you too x

I know we all die, but not everyone chooses to die.  I don't want to die anymore by my own doing.  At least now I am fighting to LIVE and to stay with my boys.  I still need to see them grow, one is starting elementary and the other middle school.  I want to see them graduate high school, go to college (or whatever they choose), get married, have children...so much life still left to live.  I know my choices could still kill me, but Im fighting till my last breath to be the best me I can be and Im ok with that.    

• Like 1

Sometimes I think it will be a relief being dead-no more bills, no more being alone & for sure being in a happier place-theirs sooooooooooooo many people I want to meet in heaven plus seeing my relatives again. My son would have to finally support himself totally stuff like that. I just hope like most of us who got free of smokes that it actually does make a difference on health issues. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

• Like 3

When the grim reaper says its your time to go its your time to go but no sense in making it any easier for him by smoking! B)

So do not have a big family or close to any relatives just a special someone is all that would miss me. :)

Do not smoke, exercise, eat properly, and don't take any unnecessary risks and you will live a long time! ;)

Crap! Only one out of four! :blink:

• Like 1