Man the thoughts running thru my head

Opah

Been tracking the election and not really liking what I am seeing, and then a cigar pops into my thoughts and in my mind  says well we are all fonked now might as well.

This one caught me off guard and made my breathing a little heavier.  good for me None of my crew smokes and two of them have about 6 months smoke free, so we do support each other.  Todd was my strength to night, he just sat there and listened to me rant and ramble and when I was done got up and said you got and left.

Deep  Deep breathes and some ricola lemon drops are calming me down,  wish this crap was all over one way or the other.

• Like 1

Be careful dwelling on the negatives... nicotine has retrained your brain to not produce dopamine on its own, it has made it think that you need it to be happy.

You need to start teaching yourself how to produce (and clean up) these chemicals on your own now. That's why the reward system is so important. Chocolate, exercise, sex all let down these feel good chemicals that addicts crave...make sure you're getting your fair share. Especially in the early quit when the anger is growing and growing...you need that release.

Find something that makes you feel good...even if it's something silly (fuzzy socks, a nice beard lotion, a back scratcher, a fancy craft beer, a recording of your grandson laughing) anything that you can say at the end of the day "This is my reward for not smoking today!"

Reinforce the positive, don't dwell in the negatives... especially those out of your control 👍

• Like 3

Detachment is a powerful tool when dealing with stressful situations.

We conditioned ourselves for years to believe that smoking relieves stress.  A stressful situation pops up and our default setting is to reach for a smoke.

That's when you have to step back from the situation and give it good look.  Take a little pause for the cause and calm your mind.  You already know what the right answer is, but emotions can muddy the mental waters.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, c9jane29 said:

Be careful dwelling on the negatives... nicotine has retrained your brain to not produce dopamine on its own, it has made it think that you need it to be happy.

You need to start teaching yourself how to produce (and clean up) these chemicals on your own now. That's why the reward system is so important. Chocolate, exercise, sex all let down these feel good chemicals that addicts crave...make sure you're getting your fair share. Especially in the early quit when the anger is growing and growing...you need that release.

Find something that makes you feel good...even if it's something silly (fuzzy socks, a nice beard lotion, a back scratcher, a fancy craft beer, a recording of your grandson laughing) anything that you can say at the end of the day "This is my reward for not smoking today!"

Reinforce the positive, don't dwell in the negatives... especially those out of your control 👍

Man that was a horrendous night, driving home I had to have a pepperoni stick and once home I ate my way to bed and in the Morning I still had to demand myself to stop and we=hen I got to work seems we had a idgit crawl into a piece of equipment and dam near got himself squashed.  Now that the craziness is over first thing that came to mind is hey this is bad stuff happen go grab a smoke,  The negative factor, the lie that a smoke will make things better.  

C9jane29 thank you for your words of wisdom, I was caught off guard with al this stuff happening  together and mr feeling that I need a smoke.

I am breathing thru it and most of t=it has calmed down,    Thank you guys

• Like 3

Long day, stressful day,, ended out on the patio, the wicked smoking patio.  But once again I bought my way out, a cucumber green tea and a strawberry tea.

180 calories of soothing sweetness. and now I am good came to grips on the election with the serenity prayer,  All I can do is done, what happens from here is

out of my hands and no matter which way this may go I will have to live with it.

So now y game plan has altered just a little bit,  when I can eat right I will, when I can avoid a beer or two I will, when I can get an extra bit of sleep I will and

when I cant I cant.  So I have softened the expectations I placed on my self, for the now.  It is hard enough controlling suractic necatine fueled emotional outburst

under the best of conditions,  so it only makes sense to provide myself the bestest conditions i can.  

I have had Hairier days !

20190415_133323.jpg

• Like 3

Well its Friday again, get my one day off and it is hopefully going to rain, I really like the cooler weather, fog rain, snow.

Can Play all day, or cuddle on the couch in front of the fire place or just sleep all day..  That 24 hour crave has passed

I haven't watched the news for a day or so,  all ready know what is going to happen, its not going to be pretty but it is

what it is and it is o surprise to any of us.  well got to get my guys working  Maybe later  

• Like 3

I just took this really deep breath, full on thru the nostrils, cool air ramped thru filling my lungs,  Man that felt good.

Its calm for me to day soft and warm,  my body and mind seem to have taken a little time to just chill out.

You know what I am going to day tomorrow ?  I think I am going to take a walk in the rain

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Opah said:

I just took this really deep breath, full on thru the nostrils, cool air ramped thru filling my lungs,  Man that felt good.

Just keep breathing in that good air, Opah! In with the good, away with the bad. 

I hope you are feeling good today; I hope you have a great smoke free day, and you know you are worth a life free of nicotine👍

• Like 2