well here I am again just a little worse for the wear

Opah

Hey guys, screwed my head back on again and got it right,  yes it has been back and forth, smoking for a weekend and then not for a month or two.  But as we all know it came more and more often until there I was a cigar in hand most the time this time it has been a couple of months smoking pretty consistently.

It started to not taste good, I started not feeling good after and finally I was throwing away 2 dollars of a 4 dollar cigar.  so the Honeymoon and charm were gone.

well today makes it day 4,  and I have a full head of steam propelling me forward, I have my sugar free hard candies at hand for the triggers and a great mind set.  So if you all still have a little room for Me I could use you help and encouragement,   I really enjoyed my truck not smelling, being able to drive with the AC on and the windows up and the way I felt, I wasn't huffing and puffing when out chasing the Game around, my grandson and I are spending a bunch more time together and I really didn't like smoking around him.  especially while we were having such great times, you see I didn't want him to associate these good / great times with smoking or the smell of my cigars, most people liked the aroma of them, kinda like a pipe.  so I really wanted to impress on him that they were not good for me, him anyone and to do that I had to prove it to him.

Now understand I am doing this for myself and I want to be the example, I want to spend many years with my family and grand children.  

Guess that is enough for the now, looking forward to hearing from you all.

• Like 2

First full day of work done, had some triggers but sadly I ate my way thru them, knew that could happen so I did bring some comfort food in my lunch.

need to beef up my vitamins, I could very easily sleep the first couple weeks away and I just might do just that if my energy drags down to badly..

20190213_142817 (2).jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Opah said:

had some triggers but sadly I ate my way thru them,

😅😅 This was my entire first half of my quit! I redirected my smoking thoughts with chocolate 😋

Congratulations on trying again, Opah! You know the drill...stop putting the dang things in your mouth and lightning them on fire! 

• Like 3

Welcome back Opah......

Your seat has always been here ...waiting for you .....

I'm sure your Grandson will be so proud of his Grandpa.....

Stay close here ....post,post,post ....we will help you to Freedom....

Most of us eat more at the beginning ....so don't worry about that ...

Let's get you free from Nicotine  forever ..

• Like 2

"well here I am again just a little worse for the wear"

You couldn't be more wrong Opah.  Based upon your last quit date, you've been smoking for over a year since you relapsed.  That means that you have twice the risk of coronary heart disease than if you had quit one year ago.  Each time you write off a relapse with' "I'll just try again sometime soon" you do more irreparable damage to your health.  One day, there will not be another chance.  Time to make this quit count.  Best wishes for success this time around. 

• Like 4

Yea it was a pretty putzy thing to do and I knew Better, but I wasn't going to let go along to far..

I was surprised this morning how the election could be a trigger for me, it was a hard trigger and it did take some serious

mental discussion with myself and the drive to work is still there, not so bad except the truck still smells like the cigars.

i need to clean it out and get some good deodorizer in it. 

It hasn't been a year more like 3 months of daily smoking, when it got to be more than a couple cigars a day I start prepping 

myself to quit again, started focusing on the negatives of smoking,    

• Like 1

It is nice to see you again, @Opah

I'm sorry that you relapsed but you know you have support here.  Quitting is very doable.  It is time to quit for good and put the struggles of relapses behind you.  Stick around, you can do this.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 2

I am in a good place in my life right now, I have a lot of positive reasons to stay quit this time, I have good support here and in the family, I have some quality reachable goals I am shooting for, they are long term that will have gradual progressive results.  Same O Same O health ( weight, and condition )  I really need to be stretching more , getting limber and flexible just to darn stiff right now,

I think I will stretch when I get home from work before I go to Bed,  i am in progress of attempting not to Eat when I get Home at 11:30pm, but I am usually too wound up to sleep right away.  My mom and I get to talking and next thing you Know I am making a couple grilled cheese sandwiches or something of the sort,  So instead of cooking I could be stretching  slow and easy, should help me sleep and not have the lower leg cramps. when I stretch in my sleep.

Well it is a good start for me, this is not a one quit fits all synario and definitely not my first rodeo, been bucked off  more than once. 

• Like 1

See that is what happens when you jump to soon !  Now I must make an exception a Tuesday exception well to make it clear a TACO TUESDAY exception !

Yea cant pass on TACO Tuesday, Small taco shop 99 cent tacos, the guys and I tear them up, super great tacos.

• Like 1