Newbies !!!!....How,s it going ?????

Doreensfree

It's going real good. I rarely get any serious cravings anymore but I still keep my guard up. I'm sure I'll come across some other triggers or cravings along the way but I'm ready. I'll take them head on like all the others and turn them aside. I am a non smoker now and will not ever smoke again. I am stronger than the addiction and deserve a happier and healthier life.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

We are all proud of you Mac ....

It's all in the Attitude .....being so thankful....you have broke free from this Horrible Addiction ...

And understanding ...you are missing nothing ....

I believe helping those who follow you ...makes your own quit much stronger ....

So glad you found us ...😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have had a rough few days. Spent yesterday in. ER. BP and heart rate way up. I do have A-Fib, but that was not the problem. Not sure what wad. I have to admit when I left the hospital I wanted to say screw it stop and get some ciggs. But I didn't. Really struggling today. Pretty overwhelmed with things. Thanks for asking.

• Like 10

I'm doing great.  Triggers are few and far between these days, I also find them very negligible. 

I love my new Freedom so I'm confident that I will never give in to this nasty addiction ever again. 

Thanks for following up with us newbies, encouragement and support go a long way.  🙂

13 minutes ago, Linda said:

I have had a rough few days. Spent yesterday in. ER. BP and heart rate way up. I do have A-Fib, but that was not the problem. Not sure what wad. I have to admit when I left the hospital I wanted to say screw it stop and get some ciggs. But I didn't. Really struggling today. Pretty overwhelmed with things. Thanks for asking.

Sorry to hear Linda, hope you're feeling better.  Hang in there, it will get better, I promise.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Linda said:

Stick close Linda, we're here for you. Sorry about your scare yesterday and I'm really proud of you for not giving in, you should be too 🤗

• Like 5

Linda .....

Hope your health is in the mend ...one thing for sure smoking wouldn't help....

Smoking doesn't help.anything ....As you get further in to your quit ...this will come so clear ..

Stay strong ...and yes stay close ....

John Q....Your doing great ...and your Quit is getting stronger by the day ...

It's good to hear ...you know your a non smoker ....and can out Nicotine in the past ...

Steven ....

Hope your soon back to good health ...

Understanding Smoking will not change anything is a good sign ,your in your way ....

It will and does get easier ....one day your quit will become the most important thing in your life ..

And will hang on with all you'v,e got .....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone!  I'm doing OK and hope everyone else is as well.  I have been feeling down about this virus.  It's so hard to have a life these days.  I went away for the weekend to try to cheer myself up.  I think it worked as I'm feeling much better now.

• Like 8

Hi Mona ....

I think we can all relate to feeling down with mess the world is in ....

All we can do is try and stay healthy and be the best we can be ...

Your halfway to the Lido Deck...the party ....

Quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your well being ....it's all positive 😀

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Mona said:

I have been feeling down about this virus.  It's so hard to have a life these days.

Boy, you're sure right about that! Which makes me have that much more respect for all you guys who chose to quit in spite of this virus, you all really should be so proud of yourselves 🤗

• Like 5

🎉 Congratulations guys!! 🎉  Keep growing and learning...keep finding that strength inside yourself :

On 11/1/2020 at 8:47 PM, Mac#23 said:

I am a non smoker now and will not ever smoke again. I am stronger than the addiction and deserve a happier and healthier life.

17 hours ago, Linda said:

stop and get some ciggs. But I didn't.

17 hours ago, JohnQ said:

I love my new Freedom so I'm confident that I will never give in to this nasty addiction ever again.

17 hours ago, Steven Drojensky said:

There is no way smoking will make anything different or better. I want to keep my quit.

15 hours ago, Mona said:

I went away for the weekend to try to cheer myself up.  I think it worked as I'm feeling much better now.

15 hours ago, Layla said:

I do get urges to smoke once in a while, but I don’t give in to them.

Keeps these thoughts in your battle bag...this is how you win the war. We're all really proud of you guys. We love seeing people beat this terrible addiction. Keep fighting the good fight, guys! We've got your backs!

• Like 6

100 days smokeand nicotine free today. Happy day. Slightly scared I may have COPD. No symptoms other than I'm sure if I had to blow into a device to measure lung capacity the results would be dismal. But you know, hey ho, better to be free at any cost. Only smoked for 20 years but very heavily. Not sure if I want to see a doctor!

Congrats to all other newbies by the way

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Betterbreathing said:

Slightly scared I may have COPD. No symptoms other than I'm sure if I had to blow into a device to measure lung capacity the results would be dismal

That's a serious enough symptom to warrant a visit to your dr. A lot of times it's just your lungs hard at work cleaning up the damage that's causing the shortness of breath but if not then the sooner you catch the COPD the better at keeping it in check. Plus it's just a good idea to have a checkup after quitting if for nothing more then the ego boost you get from everyone there congratulating you for quitting 😊

Congratulations on 100 days! 🌝

• Like 3

On 11/2/2020 at 1:09 PM, jillar said:

Hey @JohnQ, @Layla, @Linda, @Mona, @Shezi, @Betterbreathing, @Oona, @Steven Drojensky, @Up In Smoke, @Bope, check in guys! We want to know how you're doing! sorry if I forgot anyone but if I have, we want to know how you are doing too! :) 

Nov 12 will be 4 months of NODE! How about that?

• Like 6