SOS help

Linda

Waitingfor a call from my lawyer about setting up a will and some other issues. Struggling about smoking right now. I feel like I can't get through this without smoking. I don't have any in the house but the store is about 5 minutes away. Seems like I can't make it a week. 

Smoking isn't going to help you relieve your stress, it will only add to it! Once you see that you can get through this situation without smoking, your confidence level will go up and you'll feel like you won this battle. Once you're finished with the attorney, treat yourself to something to celebrate. Rewards work wonders. :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MarylandQuitter said:

Smoking isn't going to help you relieve your stress, it will only add to it! Once you see that you can get through this situation without smoking, your confidence level will go up and you'll feel like you won this battle. Once you're finished with the attorney, treat yourself to something to celebrate. Rewards work wonders. :)

Thank you

• Like 3

Deep down you want to save your precious quit ....well done for reaching out ....

Ask your self ...would smoking alter anything ????

You will still have to face what was happening with a cigerette in your hand ...

It's that old saying ..my friend the cigerette...gets me through the crap....

Lies all of it ....you deal with the curve balls of life much stronger when your not going through Nicotine withdrawal...

Stay strong Linda ....it's the only way forward ...

• Like 5

Can't lives on won't street. You can because you live on will street Linda! Use your air cigarette to get you through the call or suck on candies. Play games, take a walk. You are too close to a week quit to give it up now. Stick close and be proud of yourself for posting for the extra support...

• Like 4

You didn't let anyone down.  It was awesome that you posted an SOS instead of giving in to the addiction.  I don't mean to sound condescending, but I'm proud of you.  Great job Linda.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...