Day 89 no nicotine and want a quit family

Hi all

Really want a quit family so we can encourage each other.

Day 89 nicotine free after 20 years of fairly heavy smoking but I have to be careful.

I'm a hopeless addict by nature but everything was easy until a couple of days ago when my partner and I argued badly.

Was so close to buying a pack and chucking my quit away but somehow I didn't. Has shaken my confidence a bit though.

Can anyone identify with this!?

Matt

• Like 4

Yes I can relate. I have lost several quit and had to start over. I can tell you that you will feel horrible if you give up an 89 day quit. That is something to be proud of. Hang in there and reach out here for support

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Betterbreathing said:

everything was easy until a couple of days ago when my partner and I argued badly.

Was so close to buying a pack and chucking my quit away but somehow I didn't.

One thing that helped me was to completely separate my quit from everything else.  Your quit is the one thing in your life that you CAN control. It's your baby...you wouldn't throw your baby off a cliff because you had a bad day! Quite the opposite; you would love it more because you realize how precious it is.

Good for you to look for support than to smoke again, it shows great strength and that you want to keep your quit. Keep coming around; lots of good support and information around here.

🎉Congratulations🎉 on 89 days of taking your life back, keep breathing in that good air Matt!! 

• Like 7

Congratulations on your quit Matt. Your decision to come here for support is the second best thing you have done. There a lot of people here in all stages of their quits. Everyone of them can identify where you are right now. We will help you as long as you stay committed to your quit. So, grab a seat and educate yourself with all the videos and articles. You can even indulge in some games to help keep your mind occupied as well.

• Like 4

It’s weird that an argument with a partner causes a reaction to hurt ourselves. 

Weird but true!  That’s the first place my mind would go as well.  Resisting may be even harder than first quitting. Nah, but I bet it’s the hardest crave to get past. 

You won’t be happy. It won’t make anything better. It might feel vindictive and satisfying but it’s a BAD thought.  Turn it into being the best, most badass move you can make by NOT smoking. Know you are a better person for being strong and no one can ever take that away!

• Like 5

Welcome Matt.  Congratulations on your 89 day quit.  You really have gotten through the worst on your own (getting that nicotine out of your system).  The next part you just have to redirect those junkie thoughts.  Giving in during stressful times, ony leads to more stress and disappointment.  Stay close to the forum and get to know us.  We have been where your are and want you to know YOU CAN DO THIS!

• Like 5

Welcome Matt and congratulations on 89 days quit.  It is great to have you here.

Yes, life's struggles can sometimes tempt you to light up early on in a quit but smoking a cigarette will cause nothing to be better.  Smoking will only make things worse.  Fight through this, you have a great quit going.

• Like 4

Hello and Welcome Matt.....

Congratulations on your great quit ....

You baby on that precious Quit ...No matter what ....

You would only hate yourself ....I've yet to see a happy relapser.....

We have a great group on Newbies travelling then Train ...

Get to know us ....Quitting can be fun too...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Oona said:

Hey mod squad, how many newbies are there? Is it a yearly calendar thing? I haven’t been able to figure that out yet...

We don't keep a count oona, but we have a lot this year and you guys are all doing awesome 😊 

• Like 2

Hey all I’m about a month in Nicorette free. I chewed a lot for many many years I would love a support group. I feel like I have really messed with my brain chemistry meaning withdrawal was hard at beginning but as time goes anxiety ramping up can anyone relate?

• Like 1

Welcome aboard @Kms1968 and congratulations on your decision to take back your freedom 😊 Anxiety is a pretty normal recovery symptom and usually goes away on its own in a couple of months give or take but if it's bad you may want to let your Dr know. A lot of times they can give you a temporary med to help.

When you get a second, why not introduce yourself to everyone in our Introduction forum? We have a great group here from all over the world and in all stages of quitting and we love adding more to our quit smoking train. You'll find all the support you could want or need here 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kms1968 said:

thar a lot of people would never understand honestly the mental side of it is harder than physical at least that is how it feels now

You're right about that but it won't always be this hard, I promise. Hang close, read up on our addiction. It may shed some light on why we are so heavily addicted. We have a ton of great posts as well as videos. We also have a great Social section if you just want to give your mind something else to do besides the constant thought of nicotine. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kms1968 said:

Thank you. Love this site it’s nice to not be isolated going through such an ordeal

thar a lot of people would never understand honestly the mental side of it is harder than physical at least that is how it feels now

Welcome Kms1968.  Yes, this place is awesome.  I tried everything to quit and only succeeded after I found this forum.  Hang around, educate yourself, play some games and shout out when you need help or direction.  You can do this! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kms1968 said:

a lot of people would never understand honestly the mental side of it is harder than physical at least that is how it feels now

Bingo!!!

That's why hanging out around a place like this is an important tool to help you quit. We all "get it" :) 

We've been there, done that and totally understand the crazy ups and downs involved in quitting and we also get that the mental part takes the longest to readjust ourselves too so ................. stick around and use all the valuable info. this site has to offer!

Welcome to the train Kms1968 :) 

• Like 2

Welcome aboard, @Kms1968

Congrats on a month nicorette free.  You are doing a great thing by putting nicotine behind you.

What you are going through sounds normal with quitting nicotine.  Stick around.  There is a lot of support you can get here to keep your quit going strong.

• Like 1