Trying again!!!!!

Linda

Well today was the 11 day of taking the chantix. I smoked my last cigarette at 5 pm last night. I am waiting for some test results to come back which are pretty serious. So I know it will be a tough day!!! So your support will be much appreciated. Thanks to all

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Yaaaa....Well done Linda .....your already a non smoker....all you have to do is 

Never Take Another Puff !!!!!

Stay close ....keep busy ...Pamper yourself ....your Amazing .....

Thank you for your support. 😀😀

• Like 2

Well done Linda! Just keep doing it, every day, in bite sized pieces. You're doing great, the fact that you keep coming back to do something incredibly difficult tells you all you need to know about your motivation. Be good to yourself and listen, this is clearly something you really want. I hope your test results bring a negative result, I know it can be stressful. I developed hypertension and an irregular heartbeat in July, it's what finally made me quit but the irony is that it's precisely this kind of stress that keeps us smoking, right? So, just keep doing it, a day at a time - that's how I got 2 months down the line. (My results came back yesterday, early heartbeats in upper chamber, not dangerous and no afib.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shezi said:

Well done Linda! Just keep doing it, every day, in bite sized pieces. You're doing great, the fact that you keep coming back to do something incredibly difficult tells you all you need to know about your motivation. Be good to yourself and listen, this is clearly something you really want. I hope your test results bring a negative result, I know it can be stressful. I developed hypertension and an irregular heartbeat in July, it's what finally made me quit but the irony is that it's precisely this kind of stress that keeps us smoking, right? So, just keep doing it, a day at a time - that's how I got 2 months down the line. (My results came back yesterday, early heartbeats in upper chamber, not dangerous and no afib.)

Thank you, glad you had good results on your tests. I do have A Fib and have for sometime, and some new things going on. You are so right that the stress of that keeps us smoking, even when we know it make things worse. Keep up the good job you are doing great

• Like 2

Linda, trying is about your intention. Doing is about your decision. Make a firm and resolute decision to quit this time.  The most important factor in a successful quit is how your mind works through this.  Hope this is your final quit.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Yay for you Linda, I'll be thinking positive for you that your test results come back good. Stick close and post when you need. Read the threads from those who have come before you or if videos are more your thing check out that forum. 🤗

• Like 1

That is fantastic that you are giving it another go Linda!  Maybe Chantix is exactly what you need to help make the quit stick this time.  Take it day by day, hour by hour--you can do this!  I am praying your test results come back negative as well.  Please stay close to the board and let us know how you are doing.  I am rooting for you all the way!

• Like 3

Yay Linda! Someday us newbies will be the ones dispensing quit wisdom. Imagine that. Think how strong we’ll be. We found ourselves some amazing people in this group so stay close. I’m praying for positive test results and an easy(ish) day for you. Whoop!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Oona said:

Someday us newbies will be the ones dispensing quit wisdom. Imagine that

I think you guys are already dispensing quit wisdom and all should be really proud of yourselves  🤗

• Like 5

Hey Linda,

I'm glad that you haven't given up on quitting. You deserve a happier and healthier life. You are worth more than than any stupid addiction. You should be proud that you're a non smoker. Plus, you should be proud of who you are as an individual. 

• Like 3