Cravings = Exhaustion

Oona

34 minutes ago, Oona said:

Seems like it gets harder not easier. I hate to even post because I'm ashamed Iam having such a hard time

This was me on my last quit. It just kept getting harder and harder. There was nothing easy about it. I know that feeling well. That’s why I started quitting with Chantix this time. I knew that I needed help in a bigger way and came across someone who quit using Chantix. I picked his brain; he was so patient! 

One day at a time. That’s all.

Thanks for your kind words

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Linda said:

This chantix is my last chance to do it.

HI! Please don't think that Chantix is your last chance at quitting. As long as you are still breathing you have a chance of quitting. I'm on my seventh quit this year and I'm not about to quit trying. Who knows, we might make it at some point!

Don't give up on it!

Take Care and Cheer Up!

• Like 3

Never give up...trying to give up ....!!!!!.....

After smoking 52years....I finally did it ....and you can too....

We call Quitting ...A journey......there are alot of twists and turns along the way ....

Try and turn all your negative feelings into positives ones ....it's all about getting it right in your head ..

Eg...I miss Smoking !!!..negative .............I love being smoke free and healing all the damage done !!...positive.

After all....What are you stopping doing ?????

Killing your self very slowly ...your not even noticing .......until it's too late ....

Upwards and Onwards .....

• Like 2

Hi Oona! Congratulations on sticking to your quit! Patience with yourself is necessary. Since every person is individual, there is no recipe for when the exhaustion will end. But it will. Be patient and remember that one day it WILL be over. You got this! Just stay the course...you will see.

• Like 2

Thanks, Angeleek! Thank you for reaching out. I’m doing a little better; the mental exhaustion is worse than the physical exhaustion by far. Every new day is different but that’s a good thing. Bedtime for me now; have a wonderful night!

• Like 1

Glad to hear that you're doing better Oona.  I know that the smoking thoughts get old real quick.  It's hard to believe that doing something so good for youself is so difficult.  But nicotine hijacks your brain.  It places nicotine right up there with food and water...imagine that!  It thinks you need it to survive.  Unfortunately it takes a while to undo this.

Edited by Mona
typo
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Oona said:

I think I’d rather give birth to triplets than quit smoking. Somehow I have to make it work this time. ❤️

That's why we stress our SOS system so much. One, it works. I know from my own experience, but you have to really want to save your quit. And two, so you won't have to go through the misery of the first days/weeks/months over and over again!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Oona said:

Thank you, Mona, for reaching out. I think I’d rather give birth to triplets than quit smoking. Somehow I have to make it work this time. ❤️

Hang I there Jobs you can do this your well on your way!!!!😍😍

Lol. Thanks! I will definitely use the SOS when I need it. It dawned on me in the middle of last night that I haven’t had to smell cigarette smoke yet. I’ve been smoking for so long that almost everything is a trigger and that’s ok. But smelling it again? I’ll be hitting that SOS as soon as I can. That will be a big test for me.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 11:34 PM, Oona said:

This is not an SOS! I’m just feeling so tired today fighting the cravings. My quit is still a baby one...it’s only been since 8/27/20. Some days are easy and some are just torture. I haven’t relapsed but I just found myself headed outside for a smoke...and I don’t even have any cigarettes. Lol. Omg; how does one remain sane?! I’m just so TIRED! 

I can totally relate. I spend my days editing; about 3pm every afternoon, I go down for a break and somewhere near the bottom of the stairs it occurs to me, I don't know where I'm going. Still. I still head for the deck where I used to have a smoke break, then turn around and wonder where to go. It's a mighty ingrained habit.

• Like 1