Cravings = Exhaustion

Oona

This is not an SOS! I’m just feeling so tired today fighting the cravings. My quit is still a baby one...it’s only been since 8/27/20. Some days are easy and some are just torture. I haven’t relapsed but I just found myself headed outside for a smoke...and I don’t even have any cigarettes. Lol. Omg; how does one remain sane?! I’m just so TIRED! 

• Like 3

Oh oona, I totally know the feeling and I promise you it won't always be like this. Plus each crave you get through makes you stronger and them weaker!😊

You are doing great so just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be out the other side before you know it 🤗

• Like 3

I should probably add that there was many a night that I got so tired of fighting the craves I just went to bed and hoped tomorrow would be just a little better and most the time.....it was 😊

• Like 1

Your quit will be 2 months soon, that's awesome!

I went through this phase as well when the tiredness seemed to be with me all the time.  It does go away.  

You're doing the right thing by staying close to this board and sharing your experience.  

• Like 2

I wish it would go away. It’s awful. Sometimes I feel as if I just can’t take another day of it....but I always do. It’s hard to be upbeat and enthusiastic about anything. I try to find humor in it but haven’t been successful in the craving/exhausted thing. Thank you for the encouragement; it means a lot to me and I really needed it today.

• Like 2

Thank you for the add! I need you and your site. I quit on 8/27 for the umpteenth time but this time with Chantix...which surprisingly helps. It’s still very very hard. I’d like a safe place to vent and find others that are struggling too because no one else really understands. Ugh. I really enjoyed smoking. There! I said it. That is my main weakness.

From a post of yours from 9/19.

You really enjoyed smoking. This is the big lie of being a nicotine addict. I too thought I enjoyed smoking. It wasn't until I was further along in my quit that I realized smoking made me feel horrible. After all, there was nothing enjoyable about sucking heat and poison into my lungs. "I enjoy smoking" is used to rationalize smoking. I know. I used to tell myself this.

• Like 1

To MarylandQuitter and Doreensfree; thanks for the response and the words of wisdom! Yes, my body is still mixed up and so is my fragile mind. Sometimes I feel like I’m babysitting myself. Lol. I guess that I am. I’m feeling better today and am very grateful for the help. I came very close to an SOS last night. ❤️

• Like 1

Hi Linda!

I took Chantix for a week before I quit cold turkey. I knew from prior quits that I’m not capable of just smoking less. It wasn’t an option for me. I plan on taking it for the full 3 months. My doctor is thinking about extending it for an additional 3 months if I need it...but no more than that...only because I’ve been smoking for so long with so many unsuccessful quits. It’s the cravings that get me into trouble. Every. Time. Chantix helps with the cravings but doesn’t take them away; you will still need to fight them. I think it will be easier for you in the long run to quit completely. Pick a date and try to be healthy and strong before it comes. How are you doing with the two pills a day?  I get nauseous. Yay! Maybe I won’t gain so much weight. Lol. I can’t sleep but that’s ok... until I have to pay attention. I don’t get the wild dreams that are a common side effect...damn. That’s the one I was hoping for. Figures. Let’s see, I quit on 8/27/2020, so I started Chantix one week prior to that. I filled the prescription about 3 weeks before I started. I had to look at it every day and build up to actually starting the prescription. Crazy, isn’t it?! I’ve found that a tiny bit of marijuana (edibles) can help with the nausea and anxiety. I’m a little afraid to put that out for the whole site to see because I’m a newbie and don’t know if rules apply...but it’s true for me. I’m in California and have a medical card. My doctor knows. I told her before I started this journey. Did I answer your question properly? If I can do this, you can do this. I’m cheering for you!

• Like 3

P.S. Linda, when you quit completely, stick close to this site. It’s been proven over and over again that we need support during a quit. You don’t have to say anything if you don’t want to. Just be here.

i have a sister named Linda. ❤️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oona said:

Oona,  I am actually a Linda too.  Lindas are special 😊.  Seriously, you are doing great.  I promise you that you will get stronger.  When I first quit, I would breath deep, close my eyes and try to picture my body healing.  Keep focused ahead and don't look back.

Yes the support here is important.  I actually don't feel I would have ever quit,  without them   They guided me and carried me to that finish line.  

Be proud of yourself and always reach out when it gets tough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Oona said:

P.S. Linda, when you quit completely, stick close to this site. It’s been proven over and over again that we need support during a quit. You don’t have to say anything if you don’t want to. Just be here.

Good for you doing the cold turkey. I am struggling with that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Linda said:

Good for you doing the cold turkey. I am struggling with that. 

1 minute ago, Oona said:

I promise. You can do it!

Linda, I think oona is still taking Chantix? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jillar said:

Linda, I think oona is still taking Chantix? 

Yes she is. I still amazed at all the people here in the group that have become non smokers. This chantix is my last chance to do it. Seems like it gets harder not easier. I hate to even post because I'm ashamed I am having such a hard time

• Like 1

@Linda, you're giving smoking too much power. As soon as you take the power back you will succeed. And I hope that the Chantix works great for you just as it has for others. Don't worry about how long everyone took it but instead try to focus on changing your patterns.

28 minutes ago, Linda said:

. I hate to even post because I'm ashamed I am having such a hard time

Don't ever feel ashamed to post. You may get some tough love but it's only because we care and don't want to see you have to go through the worse part of quitting over and over again

• Like 1

Linda, it’s never your last chance. You just aren’t feeling up to it today. Tomorrow or the next day will be different.  You are struggling because it IS a struggle. It’s tiring...that’s what I had to post about yesterday. Plus, you’re still having withdrawals. Don’t lose hope. If I could, I would come to your house and sit with you on the day that you quit for good. Find a book that you’ve always wanted to read and save it for quit day/week. Be gentle with yourself when buying and preparing food. Babysit a toddler that needs your undivided attention 24/7. Know that time passes differently and you may actually lose track of it. Treat yourself in small ways. Nap during the day when you can’t sleep at night. Be your own friend. Don’t think about how long it’s going to be before the cravings go away. Just know that it will get better. It’s not for sissies. My doctor told me that it’s right up there with quitting heroin. Imagine that for just a minute. You got this far; your brain has been leading you here. Relax a little; you’re doing everything you should be doing. Everyone does not have the same journey but we all want to get to the same place. Want to borrow my 18 month old grandson? That’s the only thing that kept me sane at first. He’s so much work. He’s the only thing that kept me totally absorbed my first week. 

• Like 2

Seems like it gets harder not easier. I hate to even post because I'm ashamed Iam having such a hard time

This was me on my last quit. It just kept getting harder and harder. There was nothing easy about it. I know that feeling well. That’s why I started quitting with Chantix this time. I knew that I needed help in a bigger way and came across someone who quit using Chantix. I picked his brain; he was so patient! 

One day at a time. That’s all.

• Like 1