I have forgotten everything I thought I knew....

Margeetx

I am barely holding on.  No cigarette since yesterday.  I don’t want to eat because I will want to smoke afterwards.  I am nauseated, so I have to eat something.  I didn’t go to sleep until almost 4 this morning....them slept  most 
of the afternoon. 
I am reading posts, watching Joel.  

Why do I feel so weird?
xxoo

It's normal Margee, you're withdrawing from nicotine. It'll take about three days for it to leave your system but your body is already hard at work trying to repair the damage done from all those years smoking.

I had  insomnia for a good couple of months if I remember correctly but everyone is different so that may not be the case for you.

Hang in there, once you get past the hard part you'll never have to go through it again as long as you keep your quit 😊

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Margeetx said:

Why do I feel so weird?

You feel weird because you are making a big change from life as a smoker to life as a nonsmoker.  You are doing the right thing but you are suffering through nicotine withdrawal symptoms which is extremely common and to be expected.  Most everyone on this site has experienced this.

Fight through this.  Your physical cravings should weaken over the next few days.

Just remember, you are doing a great thing.  Stay strong and keep the quit.

• Like 2

oh my new friend,ButtLicker.....it almost feels like I am getting sick....except wait....I already am sick....AFIB,hypertension,back screwed up....yadayadayada.

I feel stupid,weak,angry,sad,nauseated,freezing feet,....and, wish I had never smoked so I wouldn’t have to stop.

~ ~

—

19 hours ago, Margeetx said:

Why do I feel so weird?

Embrace the weirdness.

New and improved always feels a bit weird at first.  With time, the weirdness subsides but the new and improved continues.

Buckle up, knuckle down, and drive on.

• Like 1

@Margeetx

Try to keep yourself busy all the time so that you don't think about it.  

The first few days of quit smoking I was able to cross out so many items that need to be done or fixed around the house that I've procrastinated for a long time.  

Morning coffee while reading/posting on Quittrain, then keep busy until bed time, that's how I got through the first week.

Hang in there, you can do this.

doit.gif

• Like 1