Just took my first dose of Chantix!

Amyen123

Don't over think it Amyen, most of us find it wasn't as difficult as the work up to it! You'll be fine and you've now got support from quitters all over the world damn near anytime you need it. 😊

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 1:15 PM, Amyen123 said:

I am so afraid I will gain weight too. I am already overweight. I also deal with anxiety and depression. My smoking has been like a security blanket. Does that make sense?? But I realize it is definitely time to quit!

Hi Amyen, Welcome. I've recently quit too and only been here a week but wanted to say something. What you've said here resonates - so I want to share what is working for me. I definitely feel the desire to snack during the day but I'm snacking on celery and raw carrots. It's not brilliant but it takes the edge off and it's working. I'm also doing a lot of walking (about half a mile every hour, 8 hours a day). It's distracting and time consuming, I'm not losing a lot of weight but I'm not gaining either. I spent some time thinking beforehand about diet and nutrition because I'm well aware that a lot of people gain weight after quitting smoking. It helps to have the 'right' kinds of foods in the house to deal with the desire to snack, minimising fattening foods. I'm also doing a lot more cooking than I used to (fish is now a regular on the menu), using more greens (asparagus, broccoli) and mushrooms as side dishes and cutting back on potatoes. Since my sense of taste is much improved, I find I'm actually enjoying vegetables far more than I used to.

It's really just a matter of being organised, I think. Planning ahead for what you'll do when... etc. and putting in your own safety net. I'm 7 weeks into being a non-smoker, and it feels good. Really good. Good luck with your own journey and stay strong.

Shezi

• Like 3

We take it one day at a time ...our brains can be our worst enemies .....

We have a daily NOPE thread ....it can be a powerful tool....it's a Promise to yourself you don't smoke for the next 24 hours...you will be surprised how fast the days pass...

I got up every morning and the first thing I did was pledge ....wow did I feel proud ...

No way would I go back on that promise  to me and the board ...

• Like 3

Amyen123, Jillar is right. We all have moments like this but they don`t last forever and every time you beat it back you will be stronger and your resolve to quit will be also. Stay strong and stay close to the board. S.O.S if need be. Don`t let this beat you. You can do this. Best wishes.

• Like 3

All your going through now will be Temporary....as long as you don't smoke ever ....

Your body is going through some massive changes ....be patient ,and be very kind to yourself ...

It's good to hear your hubby is supportive....this will help you along ....

• Like 2