I smoked again and need to change my ticker.

Steven Drojensky

I have to say that the ticker should be a tool in in your quit box so when you get a bad crave you can look at your ticker and see what you're giving up for that cancer stick. Just doing that may be enough to stop you from relapsing

Looks good

06b0b6c617be2753465415c736a1905e62e355f6

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, jillar said:

I have to say that the ticker should be a tool in in your quit box so when you get a bad crave you can look at your ticker and see what you're giving up for that cancer stick. Just doing that may be enough to stop you from relapsing

Looks good

06b0b6c617be2753465415c736a1905e62e355f6

Thank you, Jillar. I will do that. I shouldn't be afraid to ask for help. But I know in the end it is up to me.

33 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Make a promise to Never Take Another Puff.....no matter what ..

Take your seat ..buckle up ...read and read ...and watch the video,s ....till your eyes bleed ..

Thank you, Doreen. 

• Like 4

Giving in mentally to a craving, loosing your focus happens Steven but the reason the SOS is so important is that it means you have to type out what you are experiencing then wait just a little while until you start getting replies. It's that delay time that could save your quit! It's not necessarily what any of us might say to you but more that the craving will have subsided at least a little and you have time to really think about what you are contemplating doing by lighting up again.

If you haven't already, write an SOS message to yourself in advance. There's a thread in on the SOS page called Pre-Respond to Your Own SOS. After you send an SOS message for others to respond to, go there and read what you wrote to yourself in a more lucid moment. 

It all helps Steven :) 

• Like 10

Hey Steven - great job quitting right away again! You know what to do.  Understand why you relapsed - your trigger - and take steps to prevent that from happening again. Just keep at it and you will succeed! That's how I did it -- just kept finding and eliminating excuses and triggers until my quit finally stuck. Going on 8 months now. My longest quit. I am determined to live the rest of my life smoke and nicotine free.  Believe you can do it because you CAN!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Steven Drojensky said:

...I really do want to be a non smoker...

Steven, good to see you get right back on the train.

For me, the major difference in this quit is learning about the addiction by spending tremendous amount of time going through the various materials on this site.

I used to think the same "want to be a non smoker", now I look at it differently "I no longer want to be a pathetic addict", treasure your freedom, protect your quit!

You can do this!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, JohnQ said:

Steven, good to see you get right back on the train.

For me, the major difference in this quit is learning about the addiction by spending tremendous amount of time going through the various materials on this site.

I used to think the same "want to be a non smoker", now I look at it differently "I no longer want to be a pathetic addict", treasure your freedom, protect your quit!

You can do this!

I have been reading a lot of useful things on this site. It is the worst addiction there is. Thank you for welcoming me back. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Steven Drojensky said:

I have been reading a lot of useful things on this site. It is the worst addiction there is. Thank you for welcoming me back. 

Good for you Steven!  I wholeheartedly agree with John.  Understanding the addiction is a game changer when it comes to keeping your quit.  Once you understand that smoking does absolutely nothing good for you, you won't romance the cigarette so much.

• Like 4