Introduction

Breath-of-Power

Hello My name is Pedro.

Smoker for 11 years, age 30 years old, completed this year

I guess a part of me wants to stop smoking that is why I went came to the internet having had the idea that joining a forum might help

The perspectives are good, having seen some of Joel's videos....

what more? I have many things I do, hobbies If you want to call it, but im not here 2 make publicity to my work, whatever it might be.

I'm here to gather the necessary means to quit smoking. I'm thinking Joel's videos are enough, but you never know.... I'll be around.

• Like 8

Welcome to our site, Pedro.

Joel's videos are good.  Keep watching them.

I also suggest reading Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking."  You can probably find it free on the internet or buy a personal paperback copy (I did that and recommend it)  I'm not saying that his book makes quitting easy but it does give a good perspective on quitting smoking.  A lot of what I read from that book helped me tremendously. It has helped a lot of others as well.

Stick around this site. Keep reading the posts about quitting smoking and reach out if you are struggling.

I quit at age 39.  You are doing great by quitting at 30.  An online support group like this really helped me quit for good.  Stick around.  I hope this place can help you too.

• Like 6

Hi Pedro! Glad you are quitting and that you found this place. It really is a good resource for useful information about quitting. Best wishes for success to you. Keep checking in here to see what you can learn about nicotine addiction. No one knows quitting better than other quitters :) 

• Like 6

Hey Pedro -- glad to see you are making the jump to quitting.  Lots of material here to help you on this journey.  This is also a great place to share your thoughts and ask for any advice you may want -- lots of practical experience.  Making the decision to quit now is fantastic , the sooner the better.  I smoked for over 44 years before the quit and wish it had been sooner-- but I did quit, anyway welcome!!!

• Like 5

Welcome Pedro,

I have also put this on another thread but in case you haven't read it I wanted you to at least have that chance. Remember you can do this and we will help.

You have just took or are soon going to take the first step toward a better life. For those who have quit before you know how this works. For the sake of the newbies this is going to be a hard but very manageable fight to beat the nicotine beast. You have all joined or rejoined one of the best support systems I have come across. I have just been through what most of you are going to go through. I have just celebrated 5 months smoke free . A little about me. I smoked for over 37 years ranging from a half to a full pack a day for that duration. I finally decided when this covid19 started and I got a touch of pneumonia and one of my roommates died of the disease that i was done with the addiction. So, on April 4th, 2020 I smoked my last cigarette and haven't looked back. I not saying this is an easy process but if you are fully committed and put in the work it's totally manageable. Life as we know it is all about choices. Your commitment is about choosing to never smoke again. We will support and help you in everyway. Don't be afraid to ask for help no matter what. There are numerous articles and videos available to help make your transition and quit easier. This is all about the smart choices we make everyday. So, if you have already quit or are quitting soon  jump on the train and enjoy the journey to a better and healthier you. Be safe, make smart choices and remember the NOPE ( not one puff ever) pledge.

• Like 5

Hello and Welcome ..

Your smarter than me ...I smoked to into my sixties ...

You have been given great information....

Knowledge will be your weapon ...grab as much of it as you can ....

Stick around ...quitting with fellow quitters is much more fun ...

• Like 5

Thanks for the comments. 

I feel I should know more, much more about the withdrawal process. That is where the challenge is at. I'm becoming conscious that I have triggers and I'm guessing they are many. Got to figure out how this old mind of mine works. 

I'm pretty sure this forum has information concerning that. 

... A day at a time... 

• Like 6

Hi Pedro, welcome to The Quit Train!  Try to learn as much about nicotine addiction as you can.  I think that will help you more than anything.  Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking and best wishes to you for success!!  It's not an easy thing to do but it can be done.  We are all evidence of that.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Pedro said:

Thanks for the comments. 

I feel I should know more, much more about the withdrawal process. That is where the challenge is at. I'm becoming conscious that I have triggers and I'm guessing they are many. Got to figure out how this old mind of mine works. 

... A day at a time... 

Spend your time watching the Joel videos, if they help you. There's a whole page dedicated just to those videos. Also, use the search function at the top of the page. Type in any key word for something you want information on and see what comes up. There's years of other quitters experiences here to draw information from. And yes, 1 day at a time is right :) 

• Like 5

So glad you found us Pedro.  You are still young and have plenty of life to reverse the damages of smoking.  Good for you wanting to quit.  Don't just educate yourself, hand around and get to know us all.  We want to help support you on this journey.  Make the nope pledge each day and play some games.  We would love to see your hobbies and get to know you!

1111888.png

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 10:09 AM, Pedro said:

Thanks for the comments. 

... A day at a time... 

Wow ....Your old mind ....

Then mine must be very old ....lol.....

You gather yourself a tool box .....ways to help you through the withdrawal....

Be ready and armed to fight them as the show up ....

They get weaker all the time ....

You can do it ....this olden did ....

• Like 2