Rough morning

Linda

Come on Linda, you can do this. Try and occupy your mind with another task when the cravings come. Go for a walk, drink some water, take some deep breaths or anything to help alleviate these junkie cravings. I know it doesn't seem it now but things will get easier. Plus, whether you believe it or not you truly are stronger than the addiction. I have all the faith in the world in you to keep this quit going.

• Like 5

Be patient with your young quit Linda. You know you are doing well at starving your nicotine addiction when it starts fighting back mentally with you using every trick it can to get you to feed it again. Remember, YOU have the power here - NOT your nicotine addiction. Don't let that nicomonster fool you into thinking otherwise. YOU are winning right now. Keep it that way! This WILL get easier and less stressful but it simply takes time.

• Like 5

Where are you in your nicotine patch program?  Have you stepped down to 7mg yet?  Some people have "wobbles" at this point.  Regardless, just don't smoke and you will eventually get to the point where you no longer desire it.  It does take time though.

• Like 4

Stay strong Linda, I'm another one who will tell you that it will get so much better but only if you stay smoke free! Why on earth would you want to keep doing this over and over again from the beginning?! Use the tricks and clues given, give your brain a break and play some games in our social forum. Or wherever you play games. Eat something sweet. Get those feel good chemicals working in your brain 😊

• Like 4

Wow you went 2 whole weeks!  That is amazing!  I am on day 2, and I think it's amazing you have gone 2 whole weeks...you must be breathing so much better...don't put poison in yourself...just be proud of yourself.  You can do it!  Think about how nice you are being to yourself by not breathing in that nasty smoke, and stick with it!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mona said:

Where are you in your nicotine patch program?  Have you stepped down to 7mg yet?  Some people have "wobbles" at this point.  Regardless, just don't smoke and you will eventually get to the point where you no longer desire it.  It does take time though.

Im on my last 14 and then to 7 That's what's making me nervous

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Linda said:

Rather than being nervous, be excited! You are kicking nicotine out the door, slowly but surly. From what I have heard from others who have used patches, any increase in cravings is not that pronounced and does not last long at all as you step down in dosage. Your body & brain will become accustomed to less nicotine quite quickly. Besides, in 2 weeks you have developed tools to fight against cravings. Like other have said, use those tools to continue fighting. This is a good thing that you are going through because it means you're winning the war against your addiction so hang in there and fight for your life! You have too much blood,sweat & tears invested now to turn back Linda :) 

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 4

You're struggling bad because you're body isn't getting the nicotine it craves. It's having a tantrum just like a two year old child does when they can't have something they want. You wouldn't give in to the child right? 

Trust us Linda it won't be long before you're past the tough stuff so hang in there, xoxo

• Like 5

^^^ This exactly! We don't realize how our addiction will struggle until we actually quit but we have ALL been there where you are now Linda! Yes, it sucks for sure but it WILL get better. Trust us on that one. Embrace the suck for now cuz it will strengthen you overall!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Linda said:

Yeah, I was nervous about dropping down to 7mg too but you know what?  It ended up being a total non-event.  I did have some minor withdrawal symptoms when I went from 21mg to 14mg but none when I went from 14mg to 7mg!  Maybe you'll luck out and be the same.  But if not, just know that any withdrawal you go through will be very short-lived.

Hang in there lady...you're doing good!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Linda said:

I don't know why I am struggling so bad but it sucks

Most of us smoked for decades.  

Re-learning how to live a normal life when you are not a slave to feeding your nicotine addiction does not happen overnight, especially when your life has been centered around feeding this addiction for so long.  It takes time to re-adjust and that time can be tough and painful but you are doing the right thing by keeping the quit.  You are re-adjusting to living a normal and far healthier life.  This is why you are struggling but it is worth it in the long term.

Most of us went through this but please believe that you are doing the right thing and that it does get better with time.

Edited by johnny5
  • Like 4

Hang in there and stay strong. It will pass and you will be closer to your quit rather than having to start over. You really don`t want that. I never had really bad craves until after 3 weeks of my quit and I smoked thirty some odd years. All I can say for sure is that it will pass and you will be the better for it. the crave suffering is part of the deal. Do whatever gets you through the night except smoking. You have come so far to let go. Best wishes.

• Like 6

Of course you want to go buy cigarettes. You're an addict. But if you're committed to being a non-smoker, you won't buy cigarettes. It really is as easy as that.

I want to eat bacon cheeseburgers and banana splits for every meal for the rest of my life, but I won't because it's not good for me.

At the end of the day, it's your choice. You can choose to smoke or you can choose not to smoke.

Make the right choice.

It's not like this is a light decision that can just ding your credit score or kill your lawn. This is your LIFE we're talking about there. You only get one.

Make the right choice.

• Like 3

Linda, you're walking steps that many people have tread before you...just keep putting one foot in front of another in the direction of clean living. Saying "no" to the impulse to go to the store is the first step, then turning your attention to any of the suggestions that have been made above is the second. Actually doing any of those suggestions is the third step. Lather, rinse, repeat.

This is doable, others have done it, and therefore you can do it too. It feels sooooo good to get past a few weeks, and before you know it, it's a month. After that, things begin to feel more normal, not smoking feels more like a new normal.

It'll get better, I promise you. 

• Like 3