Layla

No fingers crossed needed Layla. It's all you so the only way you'd fail is if you consciously go buy a pack and open it and light one. Lots of steps to be taken to do that=lots of time to come to your senses! 

It's always your choice Layla, and we got your back! 🤗

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Layla said:

...one hour at a time.  I won’t give in!

That's how you do it.  Take it one minute/hour/day at a time.  Don't worry about later.  Just focus on staying smoke free this moment.  With time, things get easier.

And do not give in.  Quitting is very doable as the people on this site can attest.  And life as a nonsmoker is definitely worth it.

• Like 4

Thanks so much for the encouragement!  And thank you Jillar...I took your suggestion and filled out my quit date and also added a ticker.  I put my quit date as midnight last night because I went the whole day yesterday smoke-free and then screwed up and had a cigarette before bed...that time is super hard for me...it's seems I had developed an OCD type ritual of needing to smoke 3 cigs before bed not very spaced out from each other...like a feeling like I had to have 3 cigs before bed.  So I caved and had one, wasn't even worth it...it just felt like "meh".  I slept good and woke up this morning breathing much better from smoking 19 less cigs than I normally would and could also taste water this morning (odd but kinda cool).  I put the patch back on first thing in the morning and I am doing good, no huge cravings (yet)...I know they will come, especially at night.  Thanks so much everyone for all the support!

• Like 4

You'll love the ticker stats Layla, my whole first year it was so cool to log on and see all the time, cigarettes NOT smoked and money add up. It also showed me what I would lose if I caved to a crave... You're stats are looking pretty impressive already 😊

As far as your OCD three cig thing goes, just stay close and shout out if you need some extra support. I used the SOS several times in my first few months and people came running to help me last the crave and as you can see it worked. We want to do that for you too if you need us 😊

• Like 1

The ticker is really cool...I love that it immediately starts showing you how much money you are saving!  I will probably be reaching out tonight...I'm feeling a little stronger than yesterday (got through some bad 4pm cravings with the help of some tic tacs...but even thinking about tonight gives me a feeling of severe anxiety and a feeling of impossibility...it's so deeply ingrained...that stupid OCD thing lol....but I will reach out for help if I need it (almost definitely will need it).  Thanks you all!

• Like 1