Perspective

idontsmoke

I am from California (currently living in Seattle) I have multiple family members -- including my kids' dad and my sister -- who live way too close to some of the fires. This is stressful.

This is not, however, reason to vape. The thought that it will help anything is ludicrous. It wont help them. It wont help me. It wont relieve any stress or anxiety. What it will do is put me back on the path to self destruction.

Affirmations FTW

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I'm in California Michelle and while it can be stressful with these fires it's something we deal with every single summer here. In fact some of us refer to summer as fire season as sad as that is. 

Glad you've decided that nothing is an excuse to use nicotine. You're doing great! And to put a positive spin on things, at least you have a safe smoke free place to evacuate to if they need it 🤗

• Like 4

I know what you're going through Michelle because I have a brother who lives in California. I'm glad to see that you're rationalizing this in a smart and healthy tone. It will do no one any good if you fall prey to that junkie thinking. This just proves that you are smarter and stronger than the nicotine monster. Well done.

• Like 4

I understand Michelle, why is it that stress makes us want th turn to the nicotine. Especially when know it won't help. The junkie thinking. Hang in there you are doing great!!! I am struggling today with the stress and wanting to smoke. We can do this!!!

• Like 5

Michelle, those things will be going on whether your a smoker or not.  That addict always shows it's head in times of stress.  We can pray for the safety of your family and those that live in these areas.  Hang in there lady.  You are doing so great!

• Like 2

The only problem solved by nicotine is the very problem created by nicotine: withdrawal.

Feeding the addiction does not solve a problem, it only keeps the addiction alive.

The act of smoking or vaping is an exercise in futility.

• Like 3

We always think of smoking / vaping in times of stress...because we believed the lies of the Tobacco Companies...

We were brain washed into believing it helped...

In fact it did the total opposite ..it made us stress more ...

Problems are solved much more calmer when you quit ....

Even losing my hubby last year ,I never even thought of having a smoke ....it never entered my head ..

All you have to do is keep the quit ....

• Like 4

Congratulations on your new job, Michelle, and keeping the quit!! Let some more time go by...it gets even easier!! 7 months here and it already feels way different from 5. It helps to celebrate! Keep celebrating and noticing your successes!

• Like 2