Two Storms

Sazerac

I've been following these storms.  It is rare for two storms to hit this closely at the same time.  Last time it happened in the Gulf was in the 1930's (according to the Weather Channel).

Stay safe @Sazerac and others in these storms' paths. 

• Like 4

Well, projections for these storms are not good.

I am evacuating today and going camping somewhere to the North, hopefully out of alligator country lol.

Not sure of internet 'out there' so I encourage everybody to nurture their quits and stay focused.

Will be back when I can.

S

• Sad 7

Hurricane Laura is forecast to make landfall well west of New Orleans but it is a monster Category 4 storm with current maximum sustained winds of 140 mph with possible strengthening still forecast.  This will be ugly.

I hope all in her path do what they have to in order to be safe.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2020-08-26-hurricane-laura-forecast-rapid-intensification-texas-louisiana?cm_ven=hp-slot-1

Edited by johnny5
  • Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Boo said:

The forecasts have the remnants of Sally reaching Tennessee on Thursday.  It's gonna be a wet one here on the Cumberland Plateau.

Now it looks like Sally is tracking a bit south of here.  The folks down in Georgia and Alabama are going to get the lion's share of the rain on Thursday.

Guess I'll put my waders back in the closet.

• Like 2