Oh God help

idontsmoke

After five months of looking and interviewing I finally landed a job! I accepted the offer an hour ago. I can't stand the craving....the association with something exciting I guess. How do you celebrate when you no longer smoke, vape, drink, do drugs....and youre on a diet....I think I've finally put the thought of  *actually* going up to 7-11 out of my mind but I could still use some support! 

• Like 2

That's wonderful news Michelle!!! You celebrate by splurging on your favorite restaurant or having an ice cream sundae just like never smokers would :)  That is great news so why ruin it with nicotine?!

• Like 5

NOPE

Why would you even consider poisoning yourself while you celebrate your good news ?

A fleeting moment because of old patterns, sure, but to seriously consider throwing your quit and failing yourself ?  NOPE NOPE NOPE 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, idontsmoke said:

How do you celebrate when you no longer smoke, vape, drink, do drugs

You just learn to enjoy the moment without ingesting poisons and intoxicants.

One of my biggest fears when I quit smoking and drinking was that I would become a dreadfully bored malcontent.  Those fears are gone.  I have no regrets.

Improvise.  Adapt.  Overcome. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Linda said:

Congratulations on the new job!!!  Also for posting and asking for help to fight the nicotine crave. Hang in there

Thank you LInda and CONGRATS ON ONE WEEK. You're a rockstar. I'm so glad we are both here

• Like 5

Congratulations Michelle.....

There are a million ways to treat yourself ....that posh shampoo youv,e always wanted ...that nice perfume ect.

Poisoning your body is not a treat....

Your worth more than that ....

High five with a NOPE !!!!!

• Like 5

Good morning.  Just caught this thread, Congratulations on the new job Michelle! 

I'm confident that you would not give in to the Nicotine monster, the force is strong with you :) 

Sorry I don't mean to sound condescending, but I'm proud of you. Well Done mate!

• Like 3