2020 Quitters Name Poll - Vote Now

notsmokinjo

What name should our 2020 Quitters have?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Our 2020 Quitters should be called...

• The Warriors of Abstinence
    • The Quit Crusade
    • The Freedom Force

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/20 at 04:00 PM

Well kids it's time to cast your votes we've narrowed the list to 3.....Polls are anonymous, but as usual, but feel free to chat about t your choice or even campaign below.

Now, if you wanna know what's winning you either have to wait till polls close OR cast your vote....help pick the winner...or even just read the comments....most of us will tell you what we pick and why.

So while voting is not compulsory and enforced with fines like it is in the great land down under...it is highly encouraged...cos it's fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like "The Freedom Force" but I didn't cast a vote.  I figured the 2020 quitters should choose their own name.

I was going to campaign for 2016 to be remembered as "The Year of Boo" but that seemed a bit grandiose even for me.

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

tenor-4.gif

I don't know what forum you guys are on but on my computer, there's two boxes in the upper right corner of the page title; 2020 Quitters Name Poll. The first box is titled "promote" the one to the right of that is titled "follow". Maybe it's only on the Canadian forum 🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I don't know what forum you guys are on but on my computer, there's two boxes in the upper right corner of the page title; 2020 Quitters Name Poll. The first box is titled "promote" the one to the right of that is titled "follow". Maybe it's only on the Canadian forum 🤣

Well then lucky you because I don't have it so click it and see what it does! I would 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2020 at 7:23 PM, reciprocity said:

I'm in the U.S. and I have the "Promote" button right next to the "Follow" button.  On this thread, it says "Re-promote", I guess because reciprocity already promoted it?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

So here's the thing I figured out with "Promote". You'll only see this option if you have the "Blue Theme"  background. The new Black or the Dark Grey themes do not show that box at the top of each thread - just the "follow" option , upper right.

Mona's correct. The box on this thread now shows "repromote" because I promoted it yesterday.

No idea what the promote thing does cuz I didn't see anything different on this thread or anywhere else on the forum.

It would be an @Rixcz question I suppose?

And yeah, I don't have social media (except for here). Face-Plant & Tweeter; LOL!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

So here's the thing I figured out with "Promote". You'll only see this option if you have the "Blue Theme"  background.

I'm using the blue theme background and don't have it. I did the same as you and tried both lol

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jillar said:

I'm using the blue theme background and don't have it. I did the same as you and tried both lol

Well ... that's odd. I changed mine to both the other themes and the "Promote" box disappeared.

OK so, I guess that sinks my theory!

sinking.gif.b51ebe019030c95a185d2080d1da6f47.gif

• Haha 5

So for all the old farts holding off on having a vote I can tell you that as of today the tally stands at...

The WoA  ... 1

The QC ... 1

The FF ... 3

So we have an early leader..... I will keep you posted with the numbers.... if it gets tight some of those newbies who want something specific might want to campaign for some of the oldies to help you get it across the line. 

• Like 3

I have the blue background theme - and I see the re-promote link. I am using my home pc. I clicked on re-promote and on the "Promote" screen that appeared I changed the verbiage a little but I  didn't have the option to pick a date or time before I submitted it? 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Rozuki said:

I have the blue background theme - and I see the re-promote link. I am using my home pc. I clicked on re-promote and on the "Promote" screen that appeared I changed the verbiage a little but I  didn't have the option to pick a date or time before I submitted it? 

We don't know what that means either roz but I'm thinking it has something to do with social media. So somewhere at who knows where people are seeing a poll of quit names being promoted lol. But hey it may just bring new quitters too 😊

• Haha 2