Relapsed

Linda

Tell us about your plan, Linda, your plan with the patches.

Then others will be able to follow your path to success

and we will know where you are in the scheme of things.

Addiction is pernicious and you must begin clear your head of the lies.

One of them was about stress and I addressed that upthread.

Here is a thread of Red Flags,

all about our voices of addiction and rebutting them.

Understand that you are fully capable of quitting.

None of us are superhuman (as far as I can tell, lol) and we took many paths to our quits.

The thread that binds us together is our commitment to Not One Puff EVER.

NOPE is the essential ingredient.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, idontsmoke said:
  • Hi Linda, I'm sending you big hugs. I've been where you are countless times over the last couple decades and it feels terrible! I always hear "don't be too hard on yourself" and fully believe it because we are dealing with an addiciton that is physical as well as mental...yet its so hard to NOT beat yourself up.  The most helpful thing I've come up with is to be as kind to yourself as you would be with someone else who relapsed. Talk to yourself like you'd talk to them. You'd probably empathize, reassure they can do this, tell them to stop kicking their own butt and get back on the quit with a positive attitude.  Be that kind to yourself. ❤️ We are here for you

Thanks for the encouragement

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear of your relapse, Linda.  I hope you can figure out what you need to do to get yourself to believe that smoking does absolutely nothing good for you.  It only takes away and once you believe that 100%, you will find it easier to stay quit.  Best wishes to you!  You can do it!!!  😊

• Like 3

20 hours ago, jillar said:

Delete the one in your signature first and then make your new one, click save THEN copy and paste the one you pick into your signature. Click save and you're done

Where do I get this banner? Never mind I figured it out....Though It don't apply to smokeless tobacco it still works.

Edited by Up In Smoke
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Up In Smoke said:

Where do I get this banner?

Click on "Ticker" at the top of the page.  Once you create the tickers, copy the code for the ticker you want and past it in your Signature (to get there, click on your name in top right corner of page, select Account Settings, select Signature).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sazerac said:

Tell us about your plan, Linda, your plan with the patches.

Then others will be able to follow your path to success

and we will know where you are in the scheme of things.

Addiction is pernicious and you must begin clear your head of the lies.

One of them was about stress and I addressed that upthread.

Here is a thread of Red Flags,

all about our voices of addiction and rebutting them.

Understand that you are fully capable of quitting.

None of us are superhuman (as far as I can tell, lol) and we took many paths to our quits.

The thread that binds us together is our commitment to Not One Puff EVER.

NOPE is the essential ingredient.

I am using the patches ,I started with the 21mg in the beginning. I have dropped down to 14mg now but that is when I relapsed. But I know that means I am still getting nicotine. I am going to continue with them. I did read the red flag info, thank you for sharing that. I need to work on the stress and anxiety because I have other issues going on. And I know smoking won't help any of those things.

• Like 4

@Linda, if you're using NRT's I suggest using them as recommended which I believe is a step down plan over three months. I know a lot of people are able to get off the patches sooner than that but the most important thing is keeping the quit and if that means you need them longer so be it to keep your quit

• Like 5

1 minute ago, jillar said:

@Linda, if you're using NRT's I suggest using them as recommended which I believe is a step down plan over three months. I know a lot of people are able to get off the patches sooner than that but the most important thing is keeping the quit and if that means you need them longer so be it to keep your quit

Yes I plan on it I have used the 21 for a month now on 14 and have already bought the 7

• Like 5

Sorry to read about your  relapse Linda, but great to see your speedy return to the train. Stick to the plan of the patches, and discuss any anxieties here with us. You will get there, I can tell you really want this. The early days are tough, but if you just dig those heels in and refuse to smoke,, no matter what, before you know it, a couple of months have passed and your doing it, then all of a sudden, things change for the better, and you get to a place where you really don’t want to smoke no matter how down you feel, it just feels better to have a nice treat , or go for a walk in the fresh air, to clear your head.

Have  faith in yourself, you CAN do it, and you will look back and wonder how you ever smoked!!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Doreensfree said:

Sweetheart....

If you smoked while you were on the patches ..you risked Nicotine over dose ....

Too much nicotine can be dangerous .....and lead to Nicotine poisoning.....

This will send your body in a whirl ....

I didn't but my body was already in a whirl lol

• Like 3

I was romancing the cigarette just the other day.   

Tossed my headset across the room and stomped outside from a virtual meeting with a bunch of baboons colleagues.  

A bright sunny day with a light breeze and leaves falling from black locust trees and I thought, "Wouldn't it be great to...put a hole in my head with a Makita drill?"

I keep my mind on a leash.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sirius said:

I was romancing the cigarette just the other day.   

Tossed my headset across the room and stomped outside from a virtual meeting with a bunch of baboons colleagues.  

A bright sunny day with a light breeze and leaves falling from black locust trees and I thought, "Wouldn't it be great to...put a hole in my head with a Makita drill?"

I keep my mind on a leash.  

I'm beginning to think I need a leash and a collar. Lol

• Like 3

Man, I'm so bummed to read this. You really seemed to have it together. I hope you can get it back in gear and make it stick this time.

Remember as the great Yoda once said "Do or do not. There is no try.”  Either you smoke or you don't smoke. Don't try to quit. Just quit. Sounds easy enough because it is. If you 100% commit to never smoke again, you won't ever smoke again. Smoking is not an option, so....

I'd wish you luck, but luck has nothing to do with it. You can do this! :)

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, JimHannoonen said:

Man, I'm so bummed to read this. You really seemed to have it together. I hope you can get it back in gear and make it stick this time.

Remember as the great Yoda once said "Do or do not. There is no try.”  Either you smoke or you don't smoke. Don't try to quit. Just quit. Sounds easy enough because it is. If you 100% commit to never smoke again, you won't ever smoke again. Smoking is not an option, so....

I'd wish you luck, but luck has nothing to do with it. You can do this! :)

So did I guess I was wrong or cooling myself

• Like 1
  • Confused 1