Just starting Aug 10 2020

Helen H.

Hello group,

Just started this journey into clean breathing today and somehow it seems a bit different from previous times of quitting. With the Covid status, I have been at home and really getting a bit board with smoking. I am now ready and have no issues with it. I am truly happy about that. I just hope that this attitude continues.  I have loaded up with patches and for the fist time I am going to use them as directed. So, this will mean that I should be completely done in early Oct.  with the patches and completely off the cigs.  

Looking forward to staying stopped with you!!! 

Helen Hill

• Like 9

Welcome aboard Helen, congratulations on deciding to take back your life 😊 Sounds like you have a great plan in place and now that you've found us, a great support group.

Take a look around at our various forums, you'll find a lot of info on our addiction as well as a great social section for when you need a mind break 😊

• Like 6

Hooray for you Helen!! You are taking your life back! 

Your quit is directly linked to your attitude...it can be as easy or as hard as you want it to be. An educated quit is by far the best...as you learn about nicotine addiction and how smoking has changed the chemical makeup of your brain, it's easier to understand cravings and how to avoid the pitfalls of quitting: Hungry:Make sure you keep you blood sugar up, Angry:keep track of you emotions, Lonely: talk to us if you need, Tired: sleep it off.

Read everything you can, here and whyquit.com are great resources. 

Congrats on the best decision you will ever make...when you make it to the other side; you won't even recognize the person you are now. It's a life changing adventure.

• Like 6

Thanks so very much!  I forgot all about "HALT"  I will definitely use that now and in days to come.  Right now I am just keeping as busy as I can. The only trouble I seem to have at this time is after meals.  I tend to look briefly for the crutch.  This too shall pass.....

Helen :) 

• Like 6

Welcome aboard, Helen.  You are doing a great thing in quitting smoking.  Stay close to this site.  There is a lot of support and knowledge that you can gain here to help you towards a smoke free life.

• Like 5

Welcome Helen,

You are making the best decision of your life. You have also joined the best support group site. There are a lot of people here in all different stages of their quits. We as a group will help you every step of the way. Educate yourself with the many articles and videos available to you. You are going to be the healthiest and happiest version of yourself. So, stay safe, make smart choices and always remember to use the  Nope pledge (not one puff ever).

• Like 5

Hi Helen ....

Way to go.....Best decision of your life ..we have tons of good information here on the Main Discussion Board .

A great place to start ..

After meals ,make sure you change your routine ...I used to wash up straight away ...and chew regular gum..

It will soon become the normal ...

Looking forward to getting to know you better..

• Like 5

Hi Helen, congratulations on your decision to quit smoking!  I quit with the patches too.  A number of years ago I quit cold turkey but didn't seem to be able to get a cold turkey quit going this time around.  For me, the patches made it much easier...I experienced almost no withdrawal symptoms.  I hope the same will be true for you.  Regardless, hang on to your quit.  It's so much better to be a non-smoker than a smoker!!

Welcome to the Quit Train!!  😊

• Like 6

Welcome Helen. It’s great to see your enthusiasm for your quit. Keep this determination going, and you will succeed. Stay focussed, stay occupied, treat yourself often, after all the money would have been wasted on cigarettes, so use it for pampering yourself instead, or buying something you,ve wanted for ages, but couldn’t afford. The extra health and wealth is fantastic.

all the best ! 

• Like 5

Congratulations on quitting smoking.

Learn all you can about your nicotine addiction.

Until October you will still be administering an addictive substance

and many of the benefits of quitting smoking will not be yours until you quit nicotine also.

• Like 4